Hacking Nintendont

devlman127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I can test the rumble support on my controller? Like an inbuilt test or a game that quickly pumps the rumble
EDIT: Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing both work good when checking the settings.

Last edited by devlman127,

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, i wanted to point out one more way to beat psycho mantis in metal gear solid twin snakes on wii u
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/post-9364001

as quoted

"Well, I recently played MGS: Twin Snakes and I was able to beat Mantis with the controller swap method on WiiU (I used the GameCube controller adapter for Smash 4 and Ultimate) and a mix of GCN controllers and Wiimote with classic controller to emulate the controller swap and worked like a charm, I can't test using 4 Wiimotes with classic controller or any other not GCN controller combinations as I don't have enough controllers without the GCN Adapter, I used revision 6.490 of Nintendont in case you're wondering, oh, and I also tested the same stuff on a model 1 Wii (having native controllers disabled) and I got no issues."

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
version 502 is out

Added rumble to dualshock 4 v1 and v2

Thanks to MetaheuristicaCucei finding the values, only tested v1 ds4 since i dont have a v2 just update to 502 or update your controller.ini files to get with those values to get rumble.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, what is the most current version of nintendont i should use? i see a few different forks popping up, but was curious as to which one should be chosen for best compatibility/stability. Thanks.

Reactions: devlman127

devlman127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, what is the most current version of nintendont i should use? i see a few different forks popping up, but was curious as to which one should be chosen for best compatibility/stability. Thanks.
I use MMMod and it works for me but considering that the main github page was updated three days and one post ago it'll probably work just fine

Reactions: grandosegood

gabriel1985

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
version 502 is out

Added rumble to dualshock 4 v1 and v2

Thanks to MetaheuristicaCucei finding the values, only tested v1 ds4 since i dont have a v2 just update to 502 or update your controller.ini files to get with those values to get rumble.
In my case I checked the ini and for dualshock 4 I had to copy the rumble information from another ini to get it to work...for example the "controllers zip" file does not contains the rumble part, so i added it manually to my ini

1725032975523.png

Post automatically merged:

do you know the best way or tool to use to compress iso's?
Luigi's mansion is a very small file in rvz format only 150MB, but how one can achieve some iso compressed this small iso format to work with nintendont?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In my case I checked the ini and for dualshock 4 I had to copy the rumble information from another ini to get it to work...for example the "controllers zip" file does not contains the rumble part, so i added it manually to my ini

View attachment 455495
Post automatically merged:

do you know the best way or tool to use to compress iso's?
Luigi's mansion is a very small file in rvz format only 150MB, but how one can achieve some iso compressed this small iso format to work with nintendont?
so v2 rumble also works?

mabba18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Lakewall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wanted to know if this control can be used on Nintendont? I tried and couldn't, but I think I may have done something wrong
The controller is 8bitdo ultimate c

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a PR I made adding support for ZSO files, it works perfectly but hasn't been merged to the main repo yet.
First time I've ever heard of the ZSO format. If you're only able to save 300MBs at most when compressing a GC ISO then it wouldn't be worth it for me personally. PBP and CHD have a better compression ratio than that from my experience, but that's a topic for another day. Looking forward to the update to see how that turns out.

Last edited by urbanman2004,

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
First time I've ever heard of the ZSO format. If you're only able to save 300MBs at most when compressing a GC ISO then it wouldn't be worth it for me personally. PBP and CHD have a better compression ratio than that from my experience, but that's a topic for another day. Looking forward to the update to see how that turns out.
CHD is too heavy of a format to fit into Nintendont (RAM is already pretty scarce) and the PBP format is a Sony proprietary format.
In any case, both CHD and PBP use decompression algorithms that are way too slow for the Wii's ARM coprocessor to handle, I already tested them with CSO and DAX (both using DEFLATE, the standard algorithm used in ZIP files).

Yeah not to mention it is bound to cause some bugs.
Where are you getting this information from? The CSO/ZSO format have been widely used and improved for almost a decade now, it's available on PSP and PS2 including the emulators for those machines. Out of the 30+ games I've tested with ZSO, only Metroid Prime 2 has given me a issue where it refused to boot, every other game works perfectly with no stuttering or slowdowns.

Reactions: urbanman2004

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So 1/30 games giving problems? That's still a bug, all to save a negible amount of space.

No thanks
That's your opinion, and it's perfectly valid, but don't go around claiming it as fact. A single game crashing is not a bug, that game also happens to crash with nintendont's widescreen patches, do we consider them "buggy" and get rid of them too?

• Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, you're welcome