ROM Hack Metroid: Other M Redux (Based on Maxximum Edition)

ledyham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi I just started playing other M, the original version. It's a bit cringe then I discovered the mods. It seems yours is the most advanced. I'm not sure how to download it though. Is it the 1,4 gb zip file? the 328 files under show all or the 195 original? Or something else? Your mod only work with iso right? I'm planning to use dolphin to change my .rvz, rev1, euro version game into an iso (I discovered recently that dolphin could do that) then follow your guide to make another new iso combining your mod because the riivolution thing sounds more complicated. Has anything changed since when the guide was posted? tysm

Last edited by ledyham,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi I just started playing other M, the original version. It's a bit cringe then I discovered the mods. It seems yours is the most advanced. I'm not sure how to download it though. Is it the 1,4 gb zip file? the 328 files under show all or the 195 original? Or something else?

Download the 195 files zip, that one includes the "Other M Redux" folder, which is the only one required to play the game. If you want to play through the Riivolution+Dolphin method, download the XML file that matches your OS and the .json file as well, then follow the instructions to set it up in Dolphin.

ledyham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The 195 then thanks. No I'm planning to go the iso route. It has more step but as a noob, I can understand each step, it's basically just: extract the iso, replace part of it with the mod then repack. Meanwhile I don't even know what's a riivolution. Thanks for your hard work, I'll make sure to leave a comment once I played the game (btw do you recommend playing the original version first or just go with yours?)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The 195 then thanks. No I'm planning to go the iso route. It has more step but as a noob, I can understand each step, it's basically just: extract the iso, replace part of it with the mod then repack. Meanwhile I don't even know what's a riivolution. Thanks for your hard work, I'll make sure to leave a comment once I played the game (btw do you recommend playing the original version first or just go with yours?)

Ah neat, yeah I do agree that the ISO route is the easiest for people not familiar with Riivolution stuff, much less its setup.
Best of luck with the process, remember to check out the Archive.org description for the exact instructions on how to create the modified ISO.

Reactions: ledyham

ledyham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everything seems to be working. I just have a few questions:
I didnt move the message file since you didnt mention it, is it there for something else?
I moved the redux sound files, but didnt touch the ost/bgm/title files as recommended because I wanted to hear the original first, but still the main title music is different?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Everything seems to be working. I just have a few questions:
I didnt move the message file since you didnt mention it, is it there for something else?
I moved the redux sound files, but didnt touch the ost/bgm/title files as recommended because I wanted to hear the original first, but still the main title music is different?

The message file is what contains the reworked subtitles. Leaving that out will still show the original/unmodified subtitles.

The bgm folder is needed. That contains audio changes specifically for Redux, only the title and ost folders are optional.

I think that's pretty much it. I'll make sure to specify that about the audio files in the instructions for the ISO.

ledyham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It was just this part that I didnt follow. "The same goes for the optional "Original Title Screen BGM", if you always want the original title screen song to play instead of it being replaced with the one that plays after unlocking the hidden ending, then move the file inside "sound/title" into "sound/bgm" for your game"

I think the "same goes" got me confused into thinking, without really reading, that I shouldn't do anything if I wanted the original music, since this is what I did on the previous step. But this time, I actually have to move the file if I want the "original" normal game music. But what you wrote is correct since the music I was hearing was the original music for unlocking hard mode which is unlocked with your mod. I just got confused because I'm prone to see patterns everywhere instead of just following the instructions. Everything is fine now

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It was just this part that I didnt follow. "The same goes for the optional "Original Title Screen BGM", if you always want the original title screen song to play instead of it being replaced with the one that plays after unlocking the hidden ending, then move the file inside "sound/title" into "sound/bgm" for your game"

I think the "same goes" got me confused into thinking, without really reading, that I shouldn't do anything if I wanted the original music, since this is what I did on the previous step. But this time, I actually have to move the file if I want the "original" normal game music. But what you wrote is correct since the music I was hearing was the original music for unlocking hard mode which is unlocked with your mod. I just got confused because I'm prone to see patterns everywhere instead of just following the instructions. Everything is fine now
Ah I see. So it was just a confusion between that specific song and the rest of the audio modifications.
Glad to know it's all good now :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: