OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I have an uncommon issue on a GBA.
The motherboard was dead, so I changed it for a funnyplaying motherboard. I swapped CPU and RAM on the new motherboard, everything looked fine until I put a GBA Game inside. Every GBA game will boot until after nintendo screen, but some stay at a white screen, others freeze at the 1st frames of the game.

There is no issue at all while playing GB/GBC games.
Do you all know what it could be? RAM issue? CPU issue?
I triple checked every solder, everything is well soldered and there is no shorts at all. I don't get what's happening...

Thanks by advance guys!

Masteredmods

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar issue. Played gbc games perfectly but would freeze up after 2-10 min with a gba game. I believe that happens when the R5 resistor isn’t working properly. I took the R5 resistor off the motherboard I took the chips from and put it on the funnyplaying motherboard and it seems to have solved the issue. Everything playing perfectly now.

Nikaia-Repair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had a similar issue. Played gbc games perfectly but would freeze up after 2-10 min with a gba game. I believe that happens when the R5 resistor isn’t working properly. I took the R5 resistor off the motherboard I took the chips from and put it on the funnyplaying motherboard and it seems to have solved the issue. Everything playing perfectly now.
I'm going to try this, i'll keep you informed if it works. Thanks :)

Nikaia-Repair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately, it did not change anything... mayber i'll try replacing other resistors. How did you know that R5 was faulty?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: bro has adhd