emulator N64

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The work with the PS1 is very good, but wouldn't it be possible to work on the N64 later?
It is one of my favorite consoles that I had, including the N64 controller, it is very good to work with, currently the N64 emulators are abandoned or once lost, they receive some kind of update, it would be great to update the N64 emulator in general or make one for the NGC/Wii from scratch

Reactions: 0arsoluto

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The work with the PS1 is very good, but wouldn't it be possible to work on the N64 later?
It is one of my favorite consoles that I had, including the N64 controller, it is very good to work with, currently the N64 emulators are abandoned or once lost, they receive some kind of update, it would be great to update the N64 emulator in general or make one for the NGC/Wii from scratch
Surely when the PS1 emulator is as good as it is intended (which it surely already is) the thinking minds of the Wii scende will start with the N64 emulator, applying what they learned in the PS1 emulator. but give him some time of well-deserved rest

Reactions: Amuro-san

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My understanding is that the recent advances in PS1 emulation on Wii are attributable to someone taking the time to port over a dynamic recompiler.

N64 emulation on Wii already has (a) dynamic recompiler. N64 is also a more powerful piece of hardware than PS1, that's already near-miraculous performance on Wii, given the relative power between emulator and emulated system.

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My understanding is that the recent advances in PS1 emulation on Wii are attributable to someone taking the time to port over a dynamic recompiler.

N64 emulation on Wii already has (a) dynamic recompiler. N64 is also a more powerful piece of hardware than PS1, that's already near-miraculous performance on Wii, given the relative power between emulator and emulated system.
If I'm not mistaken, they had filtered the WiiVC source codes, maybe this will help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i see you are obsessed with retro stuff
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I was from the get-go when I joined lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, what's the gecko?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm you corrected it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Means from the beginning, so what I said here, was that I was into retro stuff from the beginning when and before I joined.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    For some reason, it's sometimes spelt incorrectly.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, so you like retro stuff since you were a kid
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yes, ever since I was born. Into computers and game consoles.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I had a PS1, PS2, Wii, and many more that takes longer to list without scowering through my stuff, just to name a few.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall using the internet since i was about 4 yrs old (mainly just to watch YouTube and play browser games)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And yea I had a PS2 and a 3ds too but you know what happenned to them
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, What happened?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, both broke, and my PS2 was sent to be repaired but we never got it back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I though you already knew about my 3ds tho
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Btw @SylverReZ do you remember this video?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm off to bed, have a good night.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sleep well
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yawn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wut
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    what's that
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: