Zune

leonheart_a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im thinking of buying one, but since i live in the UK would there be much problems?
All i really want to do is use it for videos and music pretty much

Thanks!
smile.gif

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They only come with USB chargers, so you don't need to worry about AC adapter voltage if it's from out of country. Other than that the only problems that might arise would be video out... I dunno how it would work for PAL, since it sounds like you plan on buying one outside the UK.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
They only come with USB chargers, so you don't need to worry about AC adapter voltage if it's from out of country. Other than that the only problems that might arise would be video out... I dunno how it would work for PAL, since it sounds like you plan on buying one outside the UK.
yea, I dont think they even make the A/V kits for PAL TV's
only NTSC it seems

im getting this one my self
http://www.amazon.com/Zune-Home-A-V-Pack/d...0303&sr=8-6

shajal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude i have 2 zune 30gbs black ones and they are awesome no problems and works perfect. also very convinnent and u can put a lot of stuff i mean a lot. also u can do wirless sync on it its kool.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shajal said:
dude i have 2 zune 30gbs black ones and they are awesome no problems and works perfect. also very convinnent and u can put a lot of stuff i mean a lot. also u can do wirless sync on it its kool.
ok got a question

anyway to prevent the software from deleting a video for the zune because it doesn't see it in your library ? (I dont have the space for all these video, I have them all backed up on DVD's but didnt know if it cant find the video it deletes the vid off the zune...)

leonheart_a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Archos seems a bit expensive for me =/
And a question about the zune:
Does it use a software such like Itunes to put music and videos etc onto it?

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
I've had my zune since launch, loved it to death until I lost my USB cable, and can't find one by itself in a store for a reasonable price...Yeah, I'm sure I can find one on the interwebs but not too worried about it.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take this advice from a Zune owner, if you can find something that isn't an iPod for cheaper, don't get one. However, if you can't just get a Zune. If you expect to buy ANY peripherals be prepared to pay a lot more than it's actually worth since they don't have any third party dealers... I'm talking 30~50 dollars for a car charger, dock, AC Adapter, or any other peripheral. A USB cable alone can be 20~ dollars. I've never even considering buying a single peripheral besides a USB->AC adapter that's third-party and works on anything USB.

It dies fast with Video, so don't load it up. 15 GB free space and it lasts 20+ hours for me. 5 GB free space and it barely runs 7 hours.

I have a 30GB, got it when they came out rly, only broke it once (Really durable) and they sent me a new one. If you crack the screen they refuse to service you, so if you drop things a lot, be very wary.

Another thing to note is that any case for the Zune third party or not costs at least 50~100 dollars for something that either looks good or is durable.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they warn you of that. I got pissed cause I loved having near all my music on it, but when I reformatted and got down to like 10~15 GB from having 25~28GB my battery life dramatically improved. If you read the fine print they'll give you specifics for their quotes on battery life too, like 'only playing music 128 kb/s with 20GB free space' or what not.

P.S. It was only the second MP3 player I've owned. I hate iPods as they cost way more than they're worth compared to other products.

My original was a Sandisk Sansa, and from that I moved straight to the Zune. I was going to get a Dell DJ because it's also simply drag-n-drop making it in other words pretty much a portable external HDD that plays music.

Awesome, yes, awesome. Although the Zune can do so with some mods, the mods stop it from working on newer versions. :[

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
archnos sux, u must pay for the plugins to browse the web, watch movies, specific codecs, etc

If anybody wants, I can get them every plugin for a total of $40.

Mewgia said:
QUOTE(silent sniper @ Jun 4 2008, 07:20 PM) http://www.mp3.com/archos-605-wifi/hardware/252/summary.html

if you can afford, get this *drool*

160GB!!! and its not an ipod!

Too bad it's fuggin' huge but I guess that's neccessary for something more meant to do movies.

Fits in my pocket fine...

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fischju said:
juggernaut911 said:
archnos sux, u must pay for the plugins to browse the web, watch movies, specific codecs, etc

If anybody wants, I can get them every plugin for a total of $40.

Mewgia said:
QUOTE(silent sniper @ Jun 4 2008, 07:20 PM) http://www.mp3.com/archos-605-wifi/hardware/252/summary.html

if you can afford, get this *drool*

160GB!!! and its not an ipod!

Too bad it's fuggin' huge but I guess that's neccessary for something more meant to do movies.

Fits in my pocket fine...
Really? I've always thought it was rather large from looking at floor models but I've never tried putting one in my pocket.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
juggernaut911 said:
Umm... not necassarily. You could get them from a torrent site.

But leonheart_a, don't go with an iPod unless you are completely convinced it is what you want. Try looking some stuff up about Creative Zen and Sandisk Sansa (if I were you, i'd save up and get an archos 605 - the 705 isnt that great).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1