Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think lots of people around have either of these two. But if you know them, or own one, what would you choose?

I want the Cowon D2, because of the incredible battery life, good sound quality, and the memory expansion. But I'm planning to put on lots of animes and movies on it, so it may lack some space. Also, it has a pretty small screen, so it's not that that great.

The Zune 80 has the storage I want, but it's battery life is just so-so. It's sound quality is better than the Ipods, but that's not that big an achievement. It's screen is big, and I like that it has the accessories, but the video quality isn't as good as the D2.

Cowon D2: Sound quality, battery life, and memory extension
Zune: Harddrive, bigger screen, more accessory support.

What would you choose?

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You sound like you want something mainly for video, but neither of those are ideal. The Archos 605 and Cowon Q5 are the best PMPs out, they have 800x480 screens (higher than SD TVs), up to 160GB HDDs, and can play unconverted video (xvid/divx/h264 avi, mp4, vob, wmv). Bad thing is price - $400 for the 160GB Archos, $300 for the 80GB, and $200 for 4GB with SDHC slot. If you like accessories, it has them. $30 for a mini-dock with TV out and USB in (for thumb drives/external hard drives) $50 for a battery dock that does the same as the mini, but it increases the battery life 50%. $65 for a travel DVR, which lets you record TV.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
fischju said:
You sound like you want something mainly for video, but neither of those are ideal. The Archos 605 and Cowon Q5 are the best PMPs out, they have 800x480 screens (higher than SD TVs), up to 160GB HDDs, and can play unconverted video (xvid/divx/h264 avi, mp4, vob, wmv). Bad thing is price - $400 for the 160GB Archos, $300 for the 80GB, and $200 for 4GB with SDHC slot.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already know about them. But the Cowon Q5 is &$*%ing expensive, and I don't like the Archos too much. I'm trying to have something much more portable, and something that has a better battery life. Although I'm gonna by using videos quite a bit, I'm going to use it as a Mp3 player as well. So with Cowon Q5's terrible battery (For Music. Great for videos though), I'm not gonna go with it.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Converting all those videos isn't a fun or fast thing, and updates to most PMPs are expected before Christmas, you might want to wait

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
fischju said:
Converting all those videos isn't a fun or fast thing, and updates to most PMPs are expected before Christmas, you might want to wait

I was originally going to do this anyway, because I don't have any money as of the moment, and is currently waiting for a christmas sale. Also, yes, I find that it's a better idea to wait, because I don't want to get something, and that player stops getting firmwares.

If everything gets cheap enough by then, I'll just get the Samsung P2 16 gig. But honestly, Canada sells everything at a much higher price. Fuck. Price of Mp3s are high, compared to US. but they were selling 2 gig sandisk micro sd cards for 48.99, plus tax. What kind of rip off is that? Honestly. Canada is shitty when it comes down to technology.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
fischju said:
The Zen X-Fi looks good. 16GB $199.99 / 32GB $299.99, with wifi. Comes with really good headphones (Creative EP-830, successor to the EP 630), plays the same video as the Zune and Cowon A2.
http://nothingbutcreative.wordpress.com/20...-review-part-1/
It is supposed to have the best sound quality of any portable device, out next month.
Yes, I've heard about this, and already has seen the "opening the box" vid on Anythingbutipod.com.

I believe the earphones are for Asia only, and not for the US. That's what I've heard, but I could be wrong, and hopefully, I am.

Still, I don't really find the Wifi capabilities too useful, since I use a laptop. Another thing to note is that Cowon D2 still has a better battery life. There really isn't a big change from the previous Zen, other than the Wifi capabilites.

But if the Zen X-Fi gets the same price as the current Zen, and gets good, stable firmwares (Which the Zen lacked), I'll take it.

But as for now, I'll wait until Christmas, and the cheapest one will win.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
According to a mod from Cnet, they had a interview with Cowon, and they said that they're almost done making a D3.

So, I've decided that if the D3 gets everything I want, it'll be my choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.