Translation Zoids Saga DS: English Translation

dude3991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
StorMyu said:
The main problem isn't the text editing, it's just the lack of a VWF, it's quite easy to just modify the text...

I can always extract all the text and re-insert it but it'll be ugly...

I don't think many people would mind as long as it was translated, well, I know I wouldn't. Just the oppurtunity to play would be enough, but if it's your pride as a hacker stopping you, well then, there's nothing we can do!

Wish I could help in someway, but I can't rom hack and I can't understand Japanese.

azerty1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Don't use the inserter. It only deals in single-byte text because i had thought there would be a way to add a single-byte font. Apparently VWF just decreases the tile size of the font.
If you do finish translating the .txt files, though, send them to me, and i'll figure out what i need to insert it seamlessly.

VerusMaya II

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude3991 said:
I don't think many people would mind as long as it was translated, well, I know I wouldn't.
Jumping in to agree with this statement wholeheartedly, and give my minuscule support for all the hard work going on in this thread. You guys are awesome, please keep it up.

linkrulesx10

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably not worth much but I support you guys in your endevour and would make me very happy.

I have very limited experience *i.e. none* but I know a bit about computers.

If you need a hand *like say with a simple but repetative task or something else you don't have time for and dont wanna do* I will be happy to help

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only real deal is to implant a Variable-Width Font through ASM hacking.

and this is not a simple task...

dude3991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone still working on this? It's been a month nearly since the last update in this topic, so I'm just curious.

Also I thank anyone who has worked/ing on this game, and hope one day we get to plazy it translated! =3

rei_hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still lookin forward, it seems everyone is making good progress
biggrin.gif

TheGreatNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah where exactly do you see progress, I think this was abandoned like every other translation project. Oh well I'm still grateful they attempted it though.

dude3991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TheGreatNeko said:
Yeah where exactly do you see progress, I think this was abandoned like every other translation project. Oh well I'm still grateful they attempted it though.

Yeah, this game must be cursed or somethig! xD

Thanks to anyone who has given this game a shot, and if anyone else feels like picking it up that would be awesome. Wish I could do something but I can neither speak Japanese or rom hack... =/

milkbot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I just saw this, and although I don't know enough about translating, I can offer my heartfelt support.
You're doing a brilliant job, and don't give up : )

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
milkbot said:
I just saw this, and although I don't know enough about translating, I can offer my heartfelt support.
You're doing a brilliant job, and don't give up : )

Sorry but I'm fairly certain this project is dead. The last post was in May, thats over a month ago.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
rastsan said:
So after taking a look at this thing, which font are you guys going to try to edit the tiny one in the files folder or that stuff in the arm9.bin?

....??

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
in the arm 9 bin at 66C98
viewed at 8by8 gba4bpp

if you extract the 2 lz.bin files from the font folder and rename to nclr and import those files as the palletes in ct2 you can see the font pretty well.
I am trying to track it right now with the debugger to figure out what I need to change asm wise.
sigh so not my expertise...

Good luck with the project...

EtherealFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apartment burned down last September.. I just now got internet and a working computer.. I'm gonna start messing with this "cursed" game again. It was always fun to mess with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool