Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi,
this is part of the text contained in the game.
Anyone interested in translating it is welcome :)

That's pretty cool. From what I've noticed, the Kanji have their reading on in-between parentheses, was that a semi translation by someone already? Given how Athle is in Romaji but the other characters like Earth and Regina(?) for example aren't.

Either way, I find that text pretty interesting and I'll probably try to translate some of the stuff for the fun of it.

Masamune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's pretty cool. From what I've noticed, the Kanji have their reading on in-between parentheses, was that a semi translation by someone already? Given how Athle is in Romaji but the other characters like Earth and Regina(?) for example aren't.

Either way, I find that text pretty interesting and I'll probably try to translate some of the stuff for the fun of it.

I think that the Kanji have their reading in parentheses to direct the game to the younger people who have not yet learned the whole Japanese alphabet.
Since it is possible to change the name of the hero in the game, I thought of calling him Athle right away to simplify the work.

I appreciate your interest, I think like you, as soon as you can translate something I will be happy to be able to insert it in the rom.
To simplify the translation or make it more readable, there is a Story Guide on GameFAQs, in the in-depth faqs section, with some parts already translated.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think that the Kanji have their reading in parentheses to direct the game to the younger people who have not yet learned the whole Japanese alphabet.
Since it is possible to change the name of the hero in the game, I thought of calling him Athle right away to simplify the work.

I appreciate your interest, I think like you, as soon as you can translate something I will be happy to be able to insert it in the rom.
To simplify the translation or make it more readable, there is a Story Guide on GameFAQs, in the in-depth faqs section, with some parts already translated.

Yeah, I checked some vids and they actually have the reading next to the kanji, more games should do that tbh. Just how much of the plot is in the file you provided?

Masamune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zoids.jpg

xD

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've translated most the NPC names and some dialogue. Haven't had much time (just had a Japanese exam yesterday).

Here's the txt file with the translated names and stuff. For most of the existing characters from the series I tried looking into the wiki as to how they romanized the names.

I can't read most of kanji so I'm depending a lot on the hiragana.

@Masamune for the items and weapons google translator should do just fine, for the names and Zoids I dunno.

Edit: I'll go and look into that overleaf sheet and see if I can translate some names.

Attachments

• ZoidsDS Story -Trans.txt
    519.6 KB · Views: 330
Last edited by Skelletonike,

Masamune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've translated most the NPC names and some dialogue. Haven't had much time (just had a Japanese exam yesterday).

Here's the txt file with the translated names and stuff. For most of the existing characters from the series I tried looking into the wiki as to how they romanized the names.

I can't read most of kanji so I'm depending a lot on the hiragana.

@Masamune for the items and weapons google translator should do just fine, for the names and Zoids I dunno.

Edit: I'll go and look into that overleaf sheet and see if I can translate some names.

No problem, it was right to know.
Anyway, great job, you've been great!

I'll take a quick look at it.

Masamune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The translation of the story takes time and only Skelletonike is dealing with it.
We found some difficulties on how to enter the name of the items/weapons in the menu without having to shorten them.

If anyone wants to contribute to this project is welcome :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end