Translation Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 Translation Project

Jaldobath

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, As part of the Raw Danger Facebook group, I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say how awesome it is you guys are continuing this project and have been working so diligently at it.
When the time comes I'd personally be happy to donate to you guys for your efforts.

I didn't come here to self promote but since our community is a relatively small fanbase and hopefully growing with the release of DR:4 I hope you won't mind. If anyone is on FB and wants to keep up with Raw Danger/ Disaster report series updates (as rare as they are lol) I am always happy to see new people join!
Just search Raw Danger Makeshift Jacket Club on FB if you are interested!

Good luck again and thank you!

Reactions: NocturnalMoon

Sentral

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so great that DR 3 is getting enough attention to put together a translation patch. I remember an interview with Kazuma Kujo about DR4 where he said what a pleasant surprise it was that someone from outside of Japan was interested in talking with him about the series, so I bet he'd be really happy that a project like this was happening.

Is help still needed with editing menu images? I've used Photoshop a lot in the past to change the text in images, like lettering for translated doujins.

Reactions: swosho

Minu432

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I am looking forward to the translation of the game, I have not found the game in the language I come from and I understand normal English, I saw your post that you were resuming the translation and I was glad that someone did not give up

NocturnalMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, it's been a while since I've last posted something here and since there are a few new messages from people wishing us good luck I just wanted to give you all a quick update.
The project is alive and well and we are still on track for a release. It was on hiatus during the summer month due to me having no time working on it. But I've recently resumed working on it and now I'm working on getting the multiplayer translated.
We haven't tested it on real hardware yet but it works quite well in PPSSPP so if anyone was looking forward to playing it: Rest assured that you'll be able to.

NocturnalMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have any plans to make the game available for download for us to test?
I'd like to have a public beta test for the game but unfortunately I'm lacking the time to coordinate one properly. At this point it makes more sense to release a 1.0 version of the patch which is extensively tested by us on emulation and real hardware. However, we'll be gathering feedback after the release and if anything comes up during that phase we'll release a new version.

Tevinthemasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to have a public beta test for the game but unfortunately I'm lacking the time to coordinate one properly. At this point it makes more sense to release a 1.0 version of the patch which is extensively tested by us on emulation and real hardware. However, we'll be gathering feedback after the release and if anything comes up during that phase we'll release a new version.
please take your time and good luck!

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I am *so* looking forward to this! Thank you!

Darnit, I thought this was an update from the project. I'm still looking forward to it though!

thevioletcow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! NocturnalMoon, does this project still need photoshop skills? I have no coding skills and I know very little Japanese, but am pretty great at image manipulation.

NocturnalMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello! NocturnalMoon, does this project still need photoshop skills? I have no coding skills and I know very little Japanese, but am pretty great at image manipulation.
Hey, thanks for your offer but we're pretty much done in terms of translating and editing the images.

@Ryan17: I think you misunderstood the message from ArgonUK. We're not finished yet and there's no ROM to share at the moment.
We'll let all of you know when the release is drawing near but there's nothing to announce from our side at the moment.

Reactions: swosho and AD226

TwistedZeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to thank everyone for all of the support.

I do wanna make it clear though, there will be absolutely no ROM sharing here. When the project is ready it will be released as a patch for you to apply to your own backup.

I'd also like to say that we do not accept any money/donations, this project is a labour of love by dedicated fans of the series.

GammaPhonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just dropping by to say keep up the good work! I love the Disaster Report series and I've had a copy of ZZT3 sat on my shelf unplayed for years as I don't speak a word of Japanese, lol. Really looking forward to the release :)

GammaPhonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, I was bored today, so I threw together a cover for the game with the translated logo from the OP. Might be useful for an emulator front end or something.

Disaster Report 3 cover.jpg

NocturnalMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you so much for your nice words and your contribution, @GammaPhonic.
That cover looks awesome and would definitely be a nice choice for emulator frontends. I feel like making the logo slightly bigger would make it look even better.

Rian17

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd like to thank everyone for all of the support.

I do wanna make it clear though, there will be absolutely no ROM sharing here. When the project is ready it will be released as a patch for you to apply to your own backup.

I'd also like to say that we do not accept any money/donations, this project is a labour of love by dedicated fans of the series.
I'm sorry for being uninformed, it's my first time on this platform. So I didn't really know how things work here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.