Translation Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 Translation Project

TwistedZeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NewLogoNewGBA.png

This is a full translation project for the game Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 also known as Disaster Report 3 for the PSP developed by Irem and now owned by Granzella.

All rights belong to their respective owners.
http://granzellagames.com/

We love and support what Granzella has done to resurrect the series from Irem, we would love to see the future of the series continue to include the west for releases.

If you like what we are doing and the Disaster Report games, then please purchase them and support the people who made the game.

We make nothing from this, we do it all for free out of our own time because of our love for this game. We only ask for your moral support, that's it.

Disaster Report 3: A Fading City and Her Song
CoverZZT3.jpg

Team

TwistedZeon - Project Leader, Translator, Graphics, Tester
NocturnalMoon - Project Leader, Rom Hacker, Programmer, Translator, Graphics, Tester
JamRules - Rom Hacker
Souzooka - Rom Hacker, Translator, Editor, Tester
Gil_Unx - Rom Hacker, Programmer
Master801 - Rom Hacker, Programmer, Graphics
Flame1234 - Translator (Old Script)
Omarrrio - Programmer (Old Tools)

おしゃれ刑事 - Created the English walkthrough we've used to check against

*We've used this walkthrough as a guideline as it is not a full word for word translation*
http://game-time-kouryaku.blogspot.ca/2011/03/faq-3.html

Progress

Tools:
Variable-Width Font Hack: Done
Text Insertion Tools: Done
Image Replacement Tools: Done
Cutscene Subtitle Tools: Done

Translations:
Old:
Story - 98%
Re-translation:
Story - 100%
Cutscenes - 100%
Menus - 100%
Other - 100%

Version 1.0 Testing
First Playthrough Test: Done

(Edits & Fixes have been made)
Second Playthrough Test: Done

(Edits & Fixes have been made)

Downloads

Disaster Report 3 - English Patch v1.0
Translated:
- 100% of the text (dialog, item descriptions, disaster manuals)
- Every menu
- Every cutscene
- Multiplayer

Quality of life improvements:
- Increase the limit from 4 to 8 characters for the player's first and last name respectively
- Better spacing for text inside the dialog choice boxes
- Faster text scrolling
- Variable-Width font
- Built-in patch that fixes a bug present in PPSSPP and Adrenaline where the player cannot select a character

Fixed bugs that were present in the original game:
- Fixed the bug that prevented the player from progressing when reloading a save file in the Hotel High Urban chapter
- Fixed the bug where an ending was not counted when the player decides to escape with the helicopter

v1.1:
- When pressing the home button on the PSP the menu is now in English instead of Japanese
- All cutscenes now have the correct brightness
- Minor dialog adjustments
- Param.sfo now includes the translated title

Links:

v1.1 - MEGA

Pictures

Screentshot 1:
ULJS00191_00002.jpg
Screenshot 2:
ULJS00191_00003.jpg
Screenshot 3:
ULJS00191_00005.jpg
Screenshot 4:
ULJS00191_00007.jpg
Screenshot 5:
ULJS00191_00018.jpg
Screenshot 6:
ULJS00191_00019.jpg
Main Menu Translated:
ULJS00191_00001.jpg
Translated Pause Menu:
ULJS00191_00001.jpg

Videos

Disaster Report 3 Translation Trailer - Full Edit

Disaster Report 3 Translation Trailer

Last edited by TwistedZeon, , Reason: Translated Pause Menu picture added, Progress stats updated.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Really happy for this huge progress. Congrats for the half-width font, it looks nice :D
Not even Capcpom bothered to fix it for their recent Monster Hunter iOS release.

It's nice you're not relying on the FAQ solely for getting the translations like many suggested Sword Art Online PSP translators should do.
Hopefully the end result will rival what a commercial localization would have looked like :)

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
You could change "Serious Woman" to "Serious Lady" btw.
"SeriousWoman" looks like a 16-bit Final Fantasy magic spell.
If it doesn't fit, you could use instead abbreviations like "Serious W."
It has been bugging me for a while actually as I tend to obsess over these tiny details :P

TwistedZeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xD That comment about it looking like a 16bit ff magic spell made me laugh pretty good. It really does give that feel.
"Serious Lady" would fit fine, we have a limit of 12 characters for names.

No worries, I actually appreciate the tips. I honestly haven't finalized most of what I put, it was mostly just to have something there to later change.
These small things can help to make this translation more professional. :D

Reactions: GHANMI

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm taking a peek at Mato's Mother 3 tools, and I found out how he handled a very similar problem.

See those useless kanji/kana?
You could use them and draw the entire word for commonly used words (Lady, Man, Girl, ...) that would appear in the area with the 12 letter limit, on the font in a style similar to the normal letters, but in a more cramped way, so that they take up less space.

For example, the word Girl (with a small space before G)t would be written with only three kana letters, since i, r, l can fit in less than 8px.
Same goes for all Japanese names (or else you won't be able to fit them).

TwistedZeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not really sure if we can do that with this game. To be honest I'm less worried about the names as of right now.

I have been considering trying to extend the box behind the name and dialog to be longer so then we can allow longer names.

Right now we just chose to limit it to 12 since any more would go off of the box and into the background and look like a mess.

TwistedZeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's great! Now we can have proper names. Also I mentioned this before but I don't think you got what I meant. When you select a character and have the choice to name them, you have a limit of 4 characters to name them. That's 4 for the first name and 4 for the last name. I was wondering if this was changeable?

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Also, the main characters first and last name is limited to 4 characters. Is this changeable?"

"The names will be hard to change since PPSSPP doesn't work with character screens, JPCSP might work though"

When you asked before I understood this as the keyboard only lets you put 4 characters, is that not what you meant?

Oh, and look at the other thread if you haven't since I found the location of the menu images but there's some problems with compression

TwistedZeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whoops, Maybe I read that wrong at the time. Sorry. Yeah that is what I meant.

At one point I thought you thought I was talking about the 12 character limit for the names on the dialog box.

I haven't looked yet, I'll be taking a look now :)

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking back its not surprising you didn't get it, "The names will be hard to change since PPSSPP doesn't work with character screens, JPCSP might work though" was supposed to mean

"The names will need asm hacking but since PPSSPP doesn't work with character screens debugging won't be possible, JPCSP's debugger might work though"

I actually just tried the name change, not only is it limited to 4 you can't use English alphabet, you can use numbers though.
But personally I think the default names are a better choice since you get the audio

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Even though it's probably a controversial solution...
You could handle it the Tales of Symphonia way, and purge the naming screen entirely (using asm as well, but not needing as much work)
Meaning, the game skips that screen altogether and begins with the in-game script using a translation of the standard name used where the variable for calling the name would be. And the audio would be fully working :)

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an idea since the game pops up with a yes/no dialog for "do you wish to change name?", the dialog could be removed as if always saying no.
The problem still remains to get a working version of PPSSPP but I think that's actually quite a clever solution

Reactions: GHANMI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM