Homebrew RELEASE ZeroTwoXCI - The XCI installer

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's one way of seeing things. It takes the same room on the SD card mounted or installed (trimmed XCI). That's why I doubt I'd use it. About the underlined part of the quote, are you sure it's not the other way around? I never heard of an NSP to XCI converter. That I would try for sure! :)
actually, I do believe NSP files are ~300Mb smaller than .xci files. Probably because cartridges contain Firmware updates.

Reactions: Dust2dust

JRoad

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That's one way of seeing things. It takes the same room on the SD card mounted or installed (trimmed XCI). That's why I doubt I'd use it. About the underlined part of the quote, are you sure it's not the other way around? I never heard of an NSP to XCI converter. That I would try for sure! :)
Yep I made the converter and update partition trimmer based in hacbuild, also a batch processor for them. They're in gbatemp and github:

Also xci trim with NX-Trimmer are the same size as their nsp equivalent, same with conversions, of course.
https://github.com/julesontheroad
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xci-builder.516977/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nx-trimmer-v-0-31-an-update-partition-trimmer-based-in-hacbuild.516870/
Also https://github.com/julesontheroad/NUT_BATCH_CLEANER whichautomates the process of taking off thetitlerights encryption using NUT by blawar, takes off ticket and cert and so you can install nsp without the need of tickets. For this one didn't post it in gbatemp yet since I plan to mix all the process in the same batch.

I allways post in tools since they're automators for things you cand o manuallym so credit must be given specially toLucaFragaand blawar, makers of Hacbuild and NUT:
https://github.com/LucaFraga/hacbuild
https://github.com/blawar/nut

Reactions: tiliarou

EliseZeroTwo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does not take the same space installer or mounted, the XCI has other partitions even if trimmed (Normal, Update, (if its a 4.0.0+ card) logo) and that accounts for around 400MB in an XCI.

JRoad

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Last edited by JRoad,

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
About nsp sizes: i've used different methods to obtain .nsp files (i.e. by downloading or convertion), and what i've noticed is the resulting .nsp
from CDNSP(GUI) all appear(ed) to be much bigger (about 50% increase in size) than the ones i downloaded from XCI/NSP download websites.

I wasn't able to compress the .nsp in question, which makes me believe one of the .nsp's either wasn't of the same game version/update
or used a different way of packing/compressing the .nsp contents.

About the tool: I can see a good use for it. Awesome sause! ;)

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,
Reactions: EliseZeroTwo

EliseZeroTwo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

LordAlex1441

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
EliseZeroTwo....

thanks so much Q_________Q... i found my one piece hahaha, i mean, i was having troubles with nsp file of one piece pirate warriors 3, i converted this game a lot of times from its xci file, i downloaded from a lot of places and... well, thanks for your help, for all of your crew help :).

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About nsp sizes: i've used different methods to obtain .nsp files (i.e. by downloading or convertion), and what i've noticed is the resulting .nsp
from CDNSP(GUI) all appear(ed) to be much bigger (about 50% increase in size) than the ones i downloaded from XCI/NSP download websites.

I wasn't able to compress the .nsp in question, which makes me believe one of the .nsp's either wasn't of the same game version/update
or used a different way of packing/compressing the .nsp contents.

About the tool: I can see a good use for it. Awesome sause! ;)

From what I've seen - some release sites pack game updates in the same NSP so you don't need to install the game, then install a whole bunch of updates afterwards (for convenience really) which will bloat the size a bit. They'd probably use a different compression algorithm as a result.

Reactions: Deleted User

EliseZeroTwo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EliseZeroTwo....

thanks so much Q_________Q... i found my one piece hahaha, i mean, i was having troubles with nsp file of one piece pirate warriors 3, i converted this game a lot of times from its xci file, i downloaded from a lot of places and... well, thanks for your help, for all of your crew help :).
glad i could help :)

From what I've seen - some release sites pack game updates in the same NSP so you don't need to install the game, then install a whole bunch of updates afterwards (for convenience really) which will bloat the size a bit. They'd probably use a different compression algorithm as a result.

i dont think this is true. i may be wrong and if I am that is very interesting because multiple people said that is not going to work, ill get back to you in a bit on if this is true, but i doubt it is.

Reactions: Khim09

Redstonered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Same here with Octopath :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was trying to install Toy-Con 03, but I keep getting this error:
OpenFile:121: Failed to open file /tinfoil/zerotwoxci/ncas. Error code: 0x00000202
Same error occurred in Octopath.xci

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was trying to install Toy-Con 03, but I keep getting this error:
OpenFile:121: Failed to open file /tinfoil/zerotwoxci/ncas. Error code: 0x00000202
Same error occurred in Octopath.xci

Hey guys
First do you have the folder "tinfoil/zerotwoxci/ncas/"

Second
Can you please message elise on discord

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

ClassyTurkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys
First do you have the folder "tinfoil/zerotwoxci/ncas/"

Second
Can you please message elise on discord
I am getting the same error. Which discord should I reach out on? I do have that folder and I had the XCI placed in the tinfoil/zerotwoxci

I do have my prod.keys in the root of SD as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"