Zelda's Twilight Princess Rumoured for New 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Feb 11, 2015.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    less new games and more downgraded ports

rainparadesamurai and BORTZ like this.
  3. 4ur0r

4ur0r GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2015
    Italy
    I'm very happy about OOT and MM portings but now stop, make something new. Why Nintendo would remake a game that has already remade on wii? I'd like very much seeing a new zelda game with the graphic engine of the remakes though

Lucifer666 likes this.
  4. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Wow, journalism at its best. And some people actually take this serious as it seems.

5. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    With so many freaking Zelda remakes it wouldn't be surprising if Nintendo did.

I'd bet my Mewtwo DLC 3DS code that they're working on another bloody remake.

6. Elrinth

Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Nov 6, 2002
    If this is ever comes to be true, then it's great! I'll have more Zelda stuff to buy! It doesn't sound very legit tho.

But yeah... Like everyone else, I prefer NEW games... Why not contract some third parties and do Oracle of Ages/Seasons-type of games. I'm 100% sure there's plenty of studios which would like to make Zelda-games.

7. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    It doesn't sound legit because it's a Wii game on the 3DS?

Don't forget Nintendo's going to release Xenoblade on the New 3DS.

Elrinth likes this.
  8. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    I can see this being a new trend.

We will be seeing Metroid port on the N3DS

9. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    I would not complain, these ports, according to Nintendo, are easy to do, and hey, they are portable and offer improvements!

On that note, I'm really wishing they'd just give us Super Mario Sunshine for the Wii U. It is made for it!

An updated Wii U with 3DS game port would not hurt either. Some DS games and 3DS games (Super Princess Peach, Castlevania) are more or less created to not interfere when using game screen with TV.

10. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Seems unlikely, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, will probably see rereleases to Nintendo's new Wii games on the Wii U service they just started. That seems pretty likely if you ask me.

11. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    ho please, i had sarias song (with skull kiddo) on my head all day and this happears here

i think its too soon for a remake of twilight princess... last year was a link to the past now they done remaking majoras mask and now already making another remake?

inb4 next month pokemon diamond\pearl and super mario sunshine remakes?

12. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States

Link Between Worlds was not a remake of Link's Awakening, it was it's own game. I'm sure you know that, but just because it shares the same overworld doesn't make it a remake, especially given that it is its own story with different levels and bosses and playstyle and everyhting.

RodrigoDavy likes this.
  13. LAA

LAA GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2008
    I'd rather a new Zelda game tbh... DS got 2 new zelda games, would like to see 3DS have the same. Though I do like Twilight Princess, so wouldnt mind a remake, I think it'd be better as a HD remake though. A friend of mine is disappointed in the Zelda U style and wanted something like the Zelda tech demo, so would appeal to him at least anyway. Would have preferred Xenoblade Chronicles remade for Wii U too instead, thats a game that deserves a HD remake.

14. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I do hope it happens but what I would like to see happen and confirmed is Super Mario Sunshine for the new Nintendo 3ds, now that would be so cool! it has been floating around that it will happen and I cannot see why on the NN3DS system its more powerful to handle such a game but shame is I have only read rumors on the net so far, nothing confirmed by Nintendo them selves.

15. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Both versions were supposed to be released on the same day, but outside of Japan the Wii release actually predates the Gamecube release.
    And it's not a remake at all, unless mirroring counts as HD textures and slightly updated gameplay.

16. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece
    There is no real need for it. I don't believe it will happen. Of course, Nintendo is acting really stupid lately, so you never know...

I would never pay for it anyway, i can always emulate it....

17. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    You can't perfectly emulate the game onto a handheld though. I'm fine with remakes/ports, they use a separate team than the normal development teams anyways. If anything, this is cheap to do, and makes them a lot of cash.

18. Pluupy

Pluupy Woof!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    It wasn't remade for Wii.

It was ported because the game was released at the end of the Gamecube's life.

19. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Twilight Princess probably had the best combat of the entire series, but other than that I found it mediocre. So I can't say I care too much either way, considering I still have it for the NGC, I don't plan to get a N3DS, and no one is making me buy it. I do know a couple of people that would buy a N3DS for this, though, so it might not be a bad financial move on Nintendo's part.

20. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino for Hire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Port Okami to 3DS pls.
    Or Ni No Kuni.

That will never happen tho :c

2Hack, VinsCool, BORTZ and 1 other person like this.