Zelda's English release?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Falkentyne, Aug 17, 2007.

Aug 17, 2007

Zelda's English release? by Falkentyne at 7:16 PM (1,207 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Falkentyne
    OP

Member Falkentyne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It seems all talk about this game simply died (even searches turn up nothing useful) ever since the Japanese version came out. I thought the English release was due at the end of August? Is this game not as good as people thought, or do people not really care about an English release anymore after playing the Japanese version?

2. Zombie_Mario

Member Zombie_Mario GBAtemp Fan

United States
    October 1st! [​IMG]

3. gusto5

Newcomer gusto5 Member

Canada
    Most people care, except there are places that basically offer you translated text for you to read while playing the game, so essentially you can play through the whole game in that manner.

4. SpectralSounds

Newcomer SpectralSounds Advanced Member

United States
    I havent read much about Zelda, so I dont know all of the details. My question is, if they arent changing a lot of the game... Why does it take months to do a simple language translation?

It shouldnt take so long between the Japanese and US releases.

5. crafton48

Member crafton48 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom

They prolly use the Jap release as a testing ground how the public responds to it, and then changing bits which are annoying (like the map quest for getting the shards of the triforce in windwaker was shortened in the US release).

It's allot to do, not only have they gotta translate the game, they have to redesign box art/manuals, then actually make and ship the product.

6. sdcheekz

Newcomer sdcheekz Member

United States
    i cant wait. im stoked to play this game. [​IMG]

7. kenet.deluxe

Newcomer kenet.deluxe Member

France
    Of course we care!!! Can't wait for it ^^;

8. roguefan99

Member roguefan99 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I did care but with the latest 3 releases hitting (well 2 for me, Heroes of mana and Luminous arc), thats taken my attention away from waiting for Zelda.