Gaming Zelda's Christmas 2017 DLC is so gonna be worth it!

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,691
  • Replies 13
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I want to first of all say that I still think it was a shitty move of Nintendo to pre-announce the DLC before the game was even out, but now that I've been playing it for hours on end, the DLC to be released during the Christmas season is going to be worth the price of admission.

It's just a shame Nintendo won't sell it individually 'cause that's like the only valuable tidbit of DLC for Zelda:BotW. To be fair, the Summer DLC isn't too bad but can't say I actually care for the Cave of Trials' challenge added in.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah a ton of people list there DLC before the game release. Ever play battlefield or even cod.
And yea lot of people thought the game wasnt finish and that they where going to charge people more for a full game but thats simply not the case.
The game is finish its just so big that they feel its a waste to not keep it going.
So this way it will still keep going. Also they will rack in more sells by people not selling there copies of zelda a few months after launch. But keeping them and buying the dlc.

So all in on its a good move on Nintendo part and the End user (us).

sigboe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The game is finish its just so big that they feel its a waste to not keep it going.

It has nothing to do with their feelings. The developers that are not laid off after release get to keep putting food on the table for their kids, and the investors know if they put in a bit more money for DLC they get more money back. DLC money is a bigger return of investment. Where they try to increase the amount of DLC until people don't buy it all, then they make a bit more than that and sell it as a season pass, and the crowd goes wild.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Ah a ton of people list there DLC before the game release. Ever play battlefield or even cod.
And yea lot of people thought the game wasnt finish and that they where going to charge people more for a full game but thats simply not the case.
So this way it will still keep going. Also they will rack in more sells by people not selling there copies of zelda a few months after launch. But keeping them and buying the dlc.

So all in on its a good move on Nintendo part and the End user (us).
The game was clearly finished as it should but the whole DLC before it's out just left a sour taste on many people's mouth. Nintendo is getting better with the online service structure and making purchases locked to the account than the console makes it much more appealing to buy from the eShop.

I've just ordered a USB 3.0 LAN adapter for the Switch. I do have the old USB LAN adapter from my WiiU but I assume it'll perform better considering it's 3.0 than the standard 2.0 (or maybe not).

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have purchased all the wii u zelda releases, but if this is online only, with no physical copy, tied to an account with no resale rights, AND they release it for wii u, I'm pirating that shit.

Homey don't play dat!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The best DLC will be the hard mode if they properly implement it.
The game was clearly finished as it should but the whole DLC before it's out just left a sour taste on many people's mouth. Nintendo is getting better with the online service structure and making purchases locked to the account than the console makes it much more appealing to buy from the eShop.

I've just ordered a USB 3.0 LAN adapter for the Switch. I do have the old USB LAN adapter from my WiiU but I assume it'll perform better considering it's 3.0 than the standard 2.0 (or maybe not).

It's planned DLC months after release. Sour taste? Did you want them to delay the game 6 months to finish it instead?
People don't use their brains anymore do they.

Nintendo literally just said "This is what we have planned!" and everyone freaked the fuck out screaming and throwing their shit around without a second of thought.
Nintenyearolds don't deserve fuck all. Nintendo should've just said "fuck you morons then" and cancelled their DLC plans.

Obviously they wouldn't, but I would've nodded approvingly if they did. Even if it was disappointing.
Entitled children need a good slap upside the head to smarten them up a bit.

Last edited by Hells Malice,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have purchased all the wii u zelda releases, but if this is online only, with no physical copy, tied to an account with no resale rights, AND they release it for wii u, I'm pirating that shit.

Homey don't play dat!
You can already pirate the DLC now on wii u but for now it only unlocks the extra chests.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Well i think
By the story there are 5 capsules in which was the titans. Since we only got 4 titans, maybe another ?titan? dungeon. It sure could be a fail by the german translation, but who knows.

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Well i think
By the story there are 5 capsules in which was the titans. Since we only got 4 titans, maybe another ?titan? dungeon. It sure could be a fail by the german translation, but who knows.
I notice french have fail in translation of item so maybe it can be a mistake :)

17311090_1299000300195280_7880443300327548457_o.jpg
it considere it as gloves ...

Reactions: Salfay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs