SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
You been living under a rock?
This. Also if you have a flashcard, emulate Oracle of Seasons, Ages and Link's Awakening.

And if you like old skool games you can get the GBA versions of the original Zelda and Adventure of Link (both NES) - not a fan personally, Zelda didn't get the mix right until ALttP.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
GBA Games:
Zelda:LttP
Zelda: Minish Cap

DS Games:
Phantom hourglass
Spirit Tracks

He said GOOD games. :D

I kid, kind of. Minish wasn't too bad at all but the other is a SNES port. The DS games one is out this week and the other sucks with iffy control and overkill backtrack.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Jamstruth said:
GBA Games:
Zelda:LttP
Zelda: Minish Cap

DS Games:
Phantom hourglass
Spirit Tracks

He said GOOD games. :D

I kid, kind of. Minish wasn't too bad at all but the other is a SNES port. The DS games one is out this week and the other sucks with iffy control and overkill backtrack.

You, sir, are fucking high.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never been high or drunk in my life thanks.

Phantom Hourglass bluntly put is shit tucked into one hell of a pretty and short term fun wrapper. The roll thing is messed up and overly touchy, which even Nintendo admitted and fixed in Spirit Tracks. And the huge issue, that lame fucking Sea King temple that you endlessly have to re-backtrack to from all over the world in your little boat, to then over and over again replay out the same lameass puzzles per-stage of the temple +1 each time you enter (to an eventual point with a teleporter.) It's an awful way to drag a game out and make it longer which is entirely unfun and degrading to the experience jarring someone back to the same area to re-do the same shit after every significant break point in the game.

I'm hoping Spirit Tracks removes this and from what I've read it appears to as the tower in the game you only play the 'new' floor of the temple to put it back in place as it's like dimensionally dislodged or whatever.

Andijvie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't mind the backtracking that much in PH, but I did notice that when I started to play the game again after finishing it, it got pretty tiring to keep going back to that temple and racing against time... If you're playing it for the first time, it's not really that bad.
But I thing ST is better.

But, personally, I would always recommend Links Awakening and both the Oracle games... but those won't work on a DS, pitty... A Link to the Past is also great. And I had hours of fun with the Minish Cap.

dashkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
And good Zelda games? Well I enjoy Spirit Tracks much more than I did Phantom Hourglass, if you can get SNES games running, get yourself A Link to the Past, which is the best ever Zelda game, imho. (Oh and yeah, that's also available for the GBA afaik)

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Andijvie said:
I didn't mind the backtracking that much in PH, but I did notice that when I started to play the game again after finishing it, it got pretty tiring to keep going back to that temple and racing against time... If you're playing it for the first time, it's not really that bad.
But I thing ST is better.

But, personally, I would always recommend Links Awakening and both the Oracle games... but those won't work on a DS, pitty... A Link to the Past is also great. And I had hours of fun with the Minish Cap.
with lameboy you can play the oracle games.
Why the fuck is this in the gba section!?

D

Deleted_171835

Seriously. In the GBA section. Are you capable of reading?

Well, Spirit Tracks is pretty good and so is Zelda: The Minish Cap. Twilight Princess was also surprisingly good.
----
XWolf said:
mooki said:
Yes?

Seriously...

THAT is your first contribution to this community?
Haha! Definitely not a helpful member that's for sure!
rofl2.gif

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dashkiller said:
And good Zelda games? Well I enjoy Spirit Tracks much more than I did Phantom Hourglass, if you can get SNES games running, get yourself A Link to the Past, which is the best ever Zelda game, imho. (Oh and yeah, that's also available for the GBA afaik)

Also if you can get SNES working (use SNEmulDS), and play Legend of Zelda:Parallel Worlds. Then don't quit till you beat it on normal and hard mode.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I played Phantom Hourglass but then my save got corrupted and I didn't feel like replaying it
unsure.gif
But I agree, there's too much trudging and backtracking. I'm aware retracing your steps is a staple of the series, but other games managed to hide it better.

I loved Minish Cap and Link's Awakening. I loved the atmosphere. It's amazing how immersive a bunch of grayish pixels can be (in the case of LA). Minish Cap, on the other hand, looks amazing even today.

Quick Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I just pop in and say that I started playing Minish Cap and am having a really difficult time putting it down. That game is Rape.

And to OP: Way to inquire about DS games in the GBA forum.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, Minish Cap is excellent. The lengthy final cloud world, while linear, is really good. This game is in many respects the true sequel to LttP.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe because it centers around oh I dunno 'the Minish Cap' perhaps?
biggrin.gif

I do agree it's the only other great handheld Zelda game outside the SNES port and Link's Awakening as the rest were just shitty overly linear wastes of space made by Capcom that just didn't feel right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat