Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for it, but I hope they're extremely selective about who they choose to play the voice of Link. He would have to have a "golden voice" that fits the character. Kind of like David Hayter for Solid Snake. I would be kind of disappointed if they half-assed it and kept changing voice actors for Link and other central characters like Zelda, Midna, etc. in every subsequent Zelda title.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The separation with Link is already inherent in the games, with the 3rd Person Perspective and everything. I think it would be better if they stopped straddling the line between making him a character and making him a complete blank slate and just developed him in the next game.

Voice Acting could be a start, but if it's in (essentially) Simlish, I doubt it will immerse people any more. Besides, remember the last time when they gave voice acting a try with the Zelda franchise? And the time before that?
The CD-i games weren't even made by Nintendo.

I didn't say they were (though the fact that Nintendo allowed three of those games, plus Hotel Mario, to be developed is bad enough).

Just saying, the franchise doesn't have a solid history when it comes to voice acting.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
his happy about the changes his made to the series? well i'm not especially what they did in SS. i think it's high time everyone stepped aside and just let Miyamoto handle zelda on his own cos anyone else lately who touches it fucks it up!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think voice acting is the issue, I think having an actually not bad narrative is.

I never really took points off for crappy narrative in Zelda games since it's something I've come to expect and they're usually not in-your-face cinematic, but if they're going to try to step away from that then I'll be more than glad to start chopping points off.

And last time Nintendo tried doing a serious narrative we got fecal explosion known as Other M. And yes, Nintendo wrote the story, not Team Ninja or whoever made it.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted-236924

The separation with Link is already inherent in the games, with the 3rd Person Perspective and everything. I think it would be better if they stopped straddling the line between making him a character and making him a complete blank slate and just developed him in the next game.

Voice Acting could be a start, but if it's in (essentially) Simlish, I doubt it will immerse people any more. Besides, remember the last time when they gave voice acting a try with the Zelda franchise? And the time before that?
[...](though the fact that Nintendo allowed three of those games, plus Hotel Mario, to be developed is bad enough)[...]
The rest of the quote: "[...] but then I didn't count the fact that Nintendo doesn't consider those games as being part of the series."

Nintendo gave the developers the right to make three (crappy) games with Legend of Zelda elements. That doesn't mean Nintendo sucks at voice acting, since they weren't the ones who made it.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

[...](though the fact that Nintendo allowed three of those games, plus Hotel Mario, to be developed is bad enough)[...]
The rest of the quote: "[...] but then I didn't count the fact that Nintendo doesn't consider those games as being part of the series."

Nintendo gave the developers the right to make three (crappy) games with Legend of Zelda elements. That doesn't mean Nintendo sucks at voice acting, since they weren't the ones who made it.

I never said Nintendo sucks at voice acting either, just that there is a precedent for voice acting going horribly, horribly wrong with the Zelda franchise (Which the CD-i games are still a part of, mind you).

D

Deleted-236924

I never said Nintendo sucks at voice acting either, just that there is a precedent for voice acting going horribly, horribly wrong with the Zelda franchise (Which the CD-i games are still a part of, mind you).
This argument is irrelevant.
Yes, there was a precedent for voice acting going horribly in the Zelda franchise.
But that cannot be used as an argument, because it wasn't even Nintendo who made the voice acting.
Nintendo is going to make that next Wii U Zelda Game.

Let's say I coded a homebrew Zelda game with horrible voice acting.
Would you count that as a precedent for voice acting going horribly in the Zelda franchise?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem to be putting words into my mouth (figuratively speaking). I don't know where you got the impression, but I'm not making some argument against Nintendo; I was just pointing out that attempts at working in voice acting with the Zelda franchise have failed before. That was the extent of my point.

Now, I did say that I disagree with the notion that adding this voice acting will make the games any more immersive, but that was it.

So really, your posts are more irrelevant than anything else.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think voice acting would make the game more immersive with alot of the characters link meets a long the way especially ones that tell stories with cut scenes.

I guess as long as Link doesn't speak i'm ok with it.

well EXXCCUUUUUUSSSSE ME Princess but I must say that Zelda animated series had a pretty good voice cast despite the repeated catch phrase,\.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib0rPVh_Xs0[/youtube]
How long can you last?

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

Zelda had voice acting since the N64.

"HA! HYAH!"

"HEY, LISTEN!"
My favourite (Skyward Sword) is the man in that flying shop saying thank you. Literally crying.
zCoffee.jpg

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i'm all for the next link not being able to speak due to a terrible accident when he was a young boy. he can grunt and haaaa still, but is not willing to talk.

he may shout zelda once shortly before the final battle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)