kingkong

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Zelda The Twilight Princess (Wii, Nintendo): 9 / 10 / 9 / 10 - (38/40)
Zelda The Twilight Princess (GC, Nintendo): 10 / 10 / 9 / 9 - (38/40)

A new GC costs like 60 eur here, and the wii will be 250 eur so 190 eur more just for a GC with better controls and different design and huge marketing behind it? And then next year comes Wii Lite with real dvd drive and more that the wii now does not have? Not me

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are 5 options as far as I can see:
1) Get a Wii and Zelda (if you can afford it)
2) Get the Cube Zelda (if you can't afford a Wii)
3) Get the Cube Zelda (if you can't get a hold of a Wii)
4) Get both version cause you have the money and you love Zelda
5) Get a Wii and the cube version of Zelda (if you can't get the Wii version)

Personally I plan on number 4, then I can say for certain which is better to play it on.

EDIT: There is a 6th option but that means not buying Zelda at all
frown.gif

kingkong

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
so if you could afford it you would wear push up bras?

i mean its not about the money, but famitsu says that zelda plays better on the gamecube, so why would i buy a wii if only i want to play zelda for now? and they already say there will be new wii next year with more functions...

edit: so i just want to ask is there any other reason to buy a wii now except for jumping on the hype wagon, playing the partygames with family and friends and so on? for one who just wants to play zelda! i guess not eh? has anyone played zelda on both?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That Wii might not make it outside of Japan, again.
And why would a guy wear a push-up bra regardless of money (don't answer that).
It sounds like you have made up your mind about getting a Wii ATM, so the choice sounds obvious.
Unless you hold off to get Zelda.

Hellfenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Palayed around 7-8 hours on the Wii Zelda, the controls are great. I don't think it would be better with a GC controller, I'd guess it would be the same since the only difference is that instead of mashing A I get to move my arm around and instead of trying to aim with a joystick I aim with a mouse which I am better at btw...

Everything else is gimmick though, the Wii speaker doesn't add much to it. Dunno if there are extra things in the Wii version so far but downloadable dungeons have been anounced so Wii will eventually > GC

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i mean its not about the money, but famitsu says that zelda plays better on the gamecube, so why would i buy a wii if only i want to play zelda for now? and they already say there will be new wii next year with more functions...

Where does Famitsu say Zelda controls on GC are better than on Wii?

Regarding the new functions, I'm sure wii will be able to get them too with an update.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And then next year comes Wii Lite with real dvd drive and more that the wii now does not have?
the Wii DOES have a real DVD drive, it just doesn't support DVD playback because the license fees would make it more expensive...
who cares about DVD playback, anyway? the GameCube didn't need it, and the Wii doesn't need it as well...apart from the DVD playback, the updated Wii won't have ANY other new features...btw, the DVD Wii will cost more than the regular Wii, so if you've already got a DVD player, there's no reason to wait for it

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
If you have the means to play Zelda on the Wii without a doubt go for it!

I can't stress enough how well the controls work. Plus the Wii version has 16:9 support.

38/40 is a great score for Zelda
smile.gif
I'm curious as to why the GC version got the same score when it has less features.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And then next year comes Wii Lite with real dvd drive and more that the wii now does not have?
the Wii DOES have a real DVD drive, it just doesn't support DVD playback because the license fees would make it more expensive...
who cares about DVD playback, anyway? the GameCube didn't need it, and the Wii doesn't need it as well...apart from the DVD playback, the updated Wii won't have ANY other new features...btw, the DVD Wii will cost more than the regular Wii, so if you've already got a DVD player, there's no reason to wait for it
Didn't they call the GameCube with DVD playback the "Panasonic Q" or something like that? Wonder if it will be a similar case for the "next" wii incarnation.

Just curious, haven't stumbled upon this anywhere yet, but are Wii games the size of a DVD or the size of a mini-DVD like the old GC ones? (that was the biggest thing stopping the GC from playing DVD's, the fact it didn't support full size DVD discs at the hardware level). If Wii uses full sized DVD's, I don't see why they would need to recreate the whole console again just to play DVD movies.

Me, I'd gladly give anything to have the next Zelda... it's not a matter of "to wii or not to wii" - its a matter of "do I really think I will have time to actually play it once I have it?" and "lead us not into temptation".

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm curious as to why the GC got the same score when it has less features.
Less features?
What does it lack? The howling thing? Several dungeons? Midna? Music? Aiming the bow? Fishing? What?

And before you say "Wiimote", what does the Wiimote enable you to do that you couldn't do with the right-hand analog mushroom (or a button)?

(^^^ In a tone of constructive criticism. I want a Wii, too.)

bakhalishta

my teef hurt
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm curious as to why the GC got the same score when it has less features.
And before you say "Wiimote", what does the Wiimote enable you to do that you couldn't do with the right-hand analog mushroom (or a button)?

Blasting those targets (when you first get the slingshot) in less than 8 seconds
laugh.gif

Is there anyway to play the wii one using a gamecube controller ? I'd like to try it, see which I like the most...

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Blasting those targets (when you first get the slingshot) in less than 8 secondsÂ
laugh.gif
That's not really a game feature, is it?

Anyway, I think Wii games in the future will allow people to choose between the Wiimote and classic controller (games like this, not the extremely Wiimote-specific ones).

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No one has mentioned the fact that the Gamecube is dead so buying a Gamecube to play Zelda instead of a Wii doesn't make much sense if you plan on wanting more games in the future.

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the wii version; you can turn off the wiimote aiming if you are a stupid moron and don't like it (in the options). Then you can use your ancient technology analog aiming to your silly hearts content.

matt1freek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
personally i think buying a Gamecube at this point is kinda retarded... especially considering the Wii plays Gamecube games.
Hell i'm trading in my GC w/ Gameboy player just cuz i don't need it no more.

McGourgh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Get the wii version; you can turn off the wiimote aiming if you are a stupid moron and don't like it (in the options). Then you can use your ancient technology analog aiming to your silly hearts content.
Calling people stupid morons who prefer to play with a joypad, will surely get yourself a lot of friends. Got news for you, your opinion isn´t the dogma for all coming generations of gamers. It´s shocking, I know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)