Gaming Zelda: TP only gets an 8.8 from GameSpot

ShortFuse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFXII got a 9.0 and Yoshi's Island DS got 9.1

FFXII isn't that great of a game. It gets really repititous with the gambit system, where you walk up to an enemy and your team will attack and heal automatically. Yoshi'a Island is alright. FFXII run a PS2.

I'm just saying, the GameCube version better be 9.8 if that's their complaint.

masvill20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Meh, GS has been giving crap reviews recently...9.1 for Yoshi's Island? Heck no...And so far, they're the only group who has given LoZ:TP lower than a 9.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
ohnoes, reviews are facts!!!11

its just like with OOT, you can check gamefaqs and see how many people gave it a 1/10 just because they dont want to agree with everyone else that its a great game, I was expecting ign or gamespot to make a review full of teenage angst, and still 8.8 is a good review.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
one 'moonshadow12' worded it perfectly:

"I wasn't surprised about Gamespot giving Zelda:TP below a 9 in the least. Gamespot has always been run by a bunch of hoity-toits that think they know better than everyone else.
Sure, Jeff's entitled to his opinion, but from my experience with Gamespot reviews, they love to lowball popular games, because they seem to think that by going against popular opinion, it makes them awe-inspiring intellectuals.

Gamespot nitpicks games simply to impress themselves. Pay them no attention."

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Aahahahahahhaha
rofl2.gif
I sooo saw this coming!
laugh.gif
But hey come on what did you excpect? It's a freakin' gamecube game! And it will always be a gamecube game in my opinion. They just tweaked it a little bit so it could be used for the wii and call it a "wii zelda game". My ass
tongue.gif
And don't blame gamespot. They judged it as a WII game and nothing else. And even though sound issues (prolly a side effect of them trying to transfer it to the wii) and bad use of the wiimote it got an 8.8!! The graphics got a 9 of 10!! And the gc is using the same graphics! The tilt was 10/10 and value 9/10. Dudes you gotta understand that this is incredible for a game that is for an older generation console but is being judged as a new generation console!
blink.gif
Just imagine what it'll get for the gamecube...
ohmy.gif

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
as for the gcn review, I'll put my money on something like
"it becomes quite clear that nintendo shifted a lot of their focus to the wii version, the controls feel transfered straight from windwaker and the lack of any innovative controls doesnt help, the graphics are good for a gamecube game but theyre not very colourful, although we complained like annoying bitches about the colours in windwaker this is still a valid point because there is a mid-point that we're happy with, no really! 7/10"

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The GCN review, if reviewed on its own merits, will probably get the highest or one of the top 3 highest GCN review scores.

After all, it has always been a GCN game.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FFXII got a 9.0 and Yoshi's Island DS got 9.1

FFXII isn't that great of a game. It gets really repititous with the gambit system, where you walk up to an enemy and your team will attack and heal automatically. Yoshi'a Island is alright. FFXII run a PS2.

I'm just saying, the GameCube version better be 9.8 if that's their complaint.
wtf....9.1 for Yoshi's Island DS? that game SUCKS...
it's unbelievable how Artoon ruined that franchise...even the graphics of the first Yoshi's Island are better...

as for the GameSpot review...that seems like a pretty low rating, but why don't you play the game yourselves before bitching around?
who knows, maybe Zelda:TP isn't as good as OoT? OoT is 'the best game of all time', after all...
and personally, I really dislike the Twilight Zone, Wolf Link and Midna...those things really don't fit into a Zelda game, if you ask me...it's like "The Flinstones meet The Jacksons"

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
I can't say now if the 8.8 is deserved for this game as I have not played it but one thing is sure and nearly all here forget this:

Game Reviews are mainly masturbation and selfishness!

With other words reviews are to 99% bias to hype a game because they think this makes them look like a good review magazine. Hands down this is a pile of shit. Only the hard reviews are somewhat usable.

There is in fact since Deus-Ex and Thief-3 no game anymore which deserved a score over 9.0 at all as they are all lacking in various ways. 8.8 would mean they are close to a very good game so don't whine :roll:

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This thread is embarassing...
unsure.gif
Don't take this crap so seriously, even at big sites like GS and IGN or in print mags it's just some guy who has a personal opinion who writes a review. And that's perfectly ok. I WANT to hear about all the bad points in the new Zelda. The good ones aren't really that interesting. From what I read in the GS review, the bad points are mostly things the reviewer had more problems with than I will so for me it's probably going to be an awesome game. That's why scores in game reviews suck: They suggest that the review is something objective while in fact it never will be.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want a site that doesn't just have one person to play the game. I want a famitsu style review board with like 3-5 people to score it from 1-10, then average out the 3-5 scores to find the review. Otherwise, Scores in reviews aren't worth much.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, on these big magazines it isn't one, but several, people that has influence and opinions on the score. You can see the reviewers name at the bottom as merely the one who happened to write it down.

Personally I don't think 8.8 is so bad. I'm not a fanboy, not anywhere close, instead I rather have the gaming magazines make reviews that represent a true opinion, not affected by bias or hype or anything of the sort, but purely their opinion after having tested the game.

Clements

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
I stopped caring about Gamespot's reviews when they gave Tales of Destiny for PSX 49%, and Tales of Destiny 2 for PSX (AKA Eternia) just 71%. Totally ridiculous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all