Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it turns out that the timeline posted was in fact the real deal and now someone has translated it from the book with details of the history.

Here are the pages in this video:

And this is the time line explained:
zelda_timeline.jpg

http://www.glitterbe...zelda-timeline/

Reactions: 1 person

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Man, I thought about this whole three-split timeline alot and I always believed in two (the one with WW and MM following either one) but I never imagined that there would be a third one and I never heard anyone theorizing about it but it makes so much sense when you think about it... I cannot believe that noone thought about what happened to the original timeline, since everyone focused so much on what Link changed. Amazing!

Also that book looks great.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The more I see this timeline, the more I actually like it.

Only problem is, I thought it would be minish cap the oldest zelda (because of the fact this game explains why link got his green hat), now it's skyward sword the first game? And actually eveyone who played skyward sword knows that this game is screaming for a prequal (a zelda in an ancient/futuristic world with robots/electicity/modern weapons, make it happen).

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
The timeline is a mess -- creates more confusion - I still don't understand how the Hero can be defeated

Curse Ocarina of Time - overhyped junk :angry:

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the four sword and the master sword exist at the same time. This means the Pico blade was only modeled after the master sword, it was never the master sword.

Ultymoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty good here. I'm happy to actually have some idea of how the timeline worked. I hadn't even thought of three timelines, but I doubt many people would with just a Game Over screen to look at when you die.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heroes aren't imortals...

Depends on the hero.

As I've said before, Nintendo have basically fucked a duck when it came to Zelda continuity so this is the most slapped together explanation they could fabricate. Why couldn't they just say "All the games aren't related at all and we just made different games with different settings because we fucking wanted to"?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Link dies when Gannon first hits him with the magic blast at the drawbridge in ocarina of time

im wondering if the next zelda game might show the footage where link is the creator of majorias mask

hes a nice little pic of the scene

92424051.jpg

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Minish Cap's Hyrule castle is very similar to the one found in LTTP. Logically this means Hyrule Castle design remains the same til after the timeline split.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
The timeline is a mess -- creates more confusion - I still don't understand how the Hero can be defeated

Curse Ocarina of Time - overhyped junk :angry:

Heroes aren't imortals...

When I see 'defeated' I take it the hero was killed by (insert 'entity')

In Twilight Princess Link wasn't a child so how does that fit under the Child Era :huh:

Oh well -- I'd rather not know the timeline if it creates more confusion- official or otherwise.

:(

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure how anyone can be confused by that timeline.
Makes perfect sense to me. (though, of course, it's a little bare-bones)

Considering the games are only loosely tied together, the timeline works quite well. Though now I bet Nintendo are going to see a lot more fans request sequels/prequels for specific timelines.

In Twilight Princess Link wasn't a child so how does that fit under the Child Era :huh:

Oh well -- I'd rather not know the timeline if it creates more confusion- official or otherwise.

:(

The Child Era doesn't mean every hero is a child...
It means Link went back in time to when he was a kid after defeating Ganon.
As opposed to him staying an adult. The timeline splits for both possibilities.

Reactions: 4 people

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link dies when Gannon first hits him with the magic blast at the drawbridge in ocarina of time

im wondering if the next zelda game might show the footage where link is the creator of majorias mask

hes a nice little pic of the scene

92424051.jpg

I didn't know link made that evil mask! I now feel like a timeline correction is going to be made. The other world from that game is possible kid link traveling to the other failed link's time line's future. They never said that Link died, he just failed. What if he grows up and makes the mask to wear. The mask showing people his sadness and how sorry he his. The mask kind of looks like a sad and depressed heart. Many years later, Hyrule's name is lost, a new town as been founded. One day Kid link appears from the other timeline, not knowing he's there to fix a time loop and save the people there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1