Homebrew Zelda ST working perfectly with DeSmuME 0.9.4

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can post other pictures if needed but I just took this pic after having arrived from the train ride. Controls and sound were all working 100%. Oh and the game plays at full speed with the only minor graphical issue being some occasional shadows. It's perfect for now until I get my hands on the real cart...

zeldast.jpg

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Kadin said:
I can post other pictures if needed but I just took this pic after having arrived from the train ride. Controls and sound were all working 100%.

zeldast.jpg
Dammit, I tried it on DeSmuMe 0.9.4 and it didn't work at all. The one time it did work it ran at 10 frames a minute, which isn't even good enough for PAC-Man playing.

Kadin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
what about the part with the 4 switches on the 2nd floor path to the tower can you pass it?
Not there yet... but I just met up with Zelda (secretly). I'm guessing it will come up soon, I'll report back once I've got there.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
what about the part with the 4 switches on the 2nd floor path to the tower can you pass it?
It's probably a yes.

That post made me think to say
"And what about the pink and blue unicorns that take you to a mountain made of candy? Can you defeat them too?"

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Inunah said:
Bladexdsl said:
It's probably a yes.

"And what about the pink and blue unicorns that take you to a mountain made of candy? Can you defeat them too?"
you havn't played it to that part or even have a clue what were all talking about so do us all a favor and just STFU

@Kadin did you get past it and how long did each switch stay on when you smacked it?

Kadin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Inunah said:
Bladexdsl said:
It's probably a yes.

@Kadin did you get past it and how long did each switch stay on when you smacked it?
Just passed it now. I figured out which order before I attempted but they glowed green for a few seconds each. Passed it the first time and I'm through the door. I'm obviously new around here, if someone could tell me how to post something as a 'spoiler', I'd do that so I'm not revealing anything for others. Thanks!

Ajax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also playing on DeSmuME 0.9.5 (why use 0.9.4 when a new version is out?)

Also, in order to remove the audio clipping that occasionally happens in the castle, go to Config->Sound Settings, and set it to synchronous mode.

Also, mine is running at full/mostly full speed (only a little slow on the world map), however I have a 2.6GHZ Core2Duo, so your mileage may vary based on how good your computer is, additionally, don't forget that there is auto frame skipping available at Config->Frame Skip->Auto Skip, so that may also help.

It is also possible that if you have a 64bit os, then the 64bit version of DeSmuMe may also help.

Also, so far I've been able to get as far as
The second level of the spirit tower
Without any problems in the game.

Cheers.

HollywoodX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the best emulator out there? Sorry, I haven't kept up with emulators for a while, the fact that a new game that looks pretty graphically powerful for the system is emulated so well is a good sign. I didn't know that the DS could be emulated so well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr