kahsajara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im using an edge card with the included bahamut patch that came with the rom.

Everything works fine, but after playing for about 40 mins i saved it, everything said it was saved correctly. Turned it off and came back to it later, then it tells me its creating a new save file since one didnt exist. then it shows the menu and my save file isnt there!

So i started it up again and tested it, both saving from the menu and saving and quiting. both dont work.

Taedirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CycloDS has the same problem, so the same fix may very well work. Find one of the savefiles that are floating about and add that to your flashcart. The problem seems to be in generating a proper save file at the very beginning (I believe the issue is that Spirit Tracks uses a non-standard size for .sav), so once you've got a valid file you're golden.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
Search the forum before starting a thread.
The search feature is down.
tongue.gif

kahsajara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taedirk said:
CycloDS has the same problem, so the same fix may very well work. Find one of the savefiles that are floating about and add that to your flashcart. The problem seems to be in generating a proper save file at the very beginning (I believe the issue is that Spirit Tracks uses a non-standard size for .sav), so once you've got a valid file you're golden.

thank you, good sir.
Does anyone know which thread this cyclo sav. file is in? I looked, im lost, confused and sad. and my brain hurts too.
frown.gif

I dont know how to add quotes, but to reply to the ppl above me:

I looked in 3 other threads and was overwhelmed by other issues other ppl were having that didnt correspond to me. So i thought this would be easier, Sorry, My bad.

lol @ "The search feature is down."

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
the problem is that it creates a larger .sav file than any useual game

people using the R4 YSMenu (such as myself) could only save 512kb but i believe when platinum came out this same problem occurred because the .sav needed to be 1mb

i also used the modded YSMenu files that i believe someone created on here and posted for assassins creed 2 had the updated file which allows bigger saves in YSMenu

ive completed Sprit tracks on this and had no problems after the Xeno patch

i hope this sheds some light onto this problem

jamocaslam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I'm on the cyclods evo and I've got the game cracked and running fine, and I downloaded that .sav that ndsrom posted, but when I put the .sav into my microSD and deleted the former one the game creates a new 512kb .sav file... the one linked is the 912kb.
Do i have to change some setting to allow the 912kb to be loaded into the game?

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jamocaslam said:
I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I'm on the cyclods evo and I've got the game cracked and running fine, and I downloaded that .sav that ndsrom posted, but when I put the .sav into my microSD and deleted the former one the game creates a new 512kb .sav file... the one linked is the 912kb.
what do you mean you have the game running fine? You mean you don't run into the save problem or its just running smoothly?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jamocaslam said:
You need to have the save file named the SAME EXACT NAME as your ROM.
From the way it sounds you're copying the save file to your card, but it is in addition to the save file that the game makes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users