OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey, i tried to load Zelda - Spirit Tracks (USA) + fix on my G6 Lite and
I can´t go past the Nintendo logo.
I guess it just wont happen since this flash cart is no longer suported but
i thought id give it a try to see if anyone managed to do it...

Xii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, same here. I'm not holding my breath, not too many working on fixes for these old boys anymore, I think.

Looking at an Acekard when Kickgaming gets them in stock again... Kinda sad but nothing lasts forever and I'll keep the Slot-2 around for gba, etc.
grog.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
To both of you - Have you looked @ this thread

I know the G6 lite isn't listed but have you actually tried the patch/fix & game save to see if it actually works or not ?? - You may be lucky

EDITED:
Oh hang on - I didn't read the post correctly - you HAVE already tried the fix (but what about the save game ??)
Also isn't the G6Lite a GBA flashcard & not a DS ?? - perhaps that is why. The hardware is designed for GBA & not for DS, & the game is designed for DS

misterwuggles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just a tough protection that doesn't seem like it's going to work with a G6 without a firmware update (LOLOL!! not happening). I've tried every method with both patched and unpatched, with and without the save fix. I think G6 users will either have to wait and hope for a user made fix (which is unlikely, as now that something has been found that works for the majority of folks, there's no reason to keep looking for the very small amount of people that still have a G6 lite) or get a new card. Sux.
frown.gif

Xii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Oh hang on - I didn't read the post correctly - you HAVE already tried the fix (but what about the save game ??)
Also isn't the G6Lite a GBA flashcard & not a DS ?? - perhaps that is why. The hardware is designed for GBA & not for DS, & the game is designed for DS

No, the G6Lite is a 2-Slot NDS Flashcart. The reason I mentioned GBA was because the cart can be used similar to a 3-in-1 for GBA and other emu in addition to the NDS function.

I, and I think the OP also, have tried the posted fix but the save game is not usable for us nor does it matter since we can't get past the Nintendo load screen.

This has pretty much put the nail in the coffin for my cart but I think I've got my $125 worth out if it, heh. Back in my day... Get off my lawn!!!
grog.gif

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im still using my g6 lite too. it's been good to me over the years but alas we finally got a game that it cant play. im still crossing my fingers for a work around but i have a feeling it's time to order a new card.

btw is there any way to use the g6 saves with something like a acekard 2i? dont want to lose my mariokart stuff.

Tayki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You know, it's strange that Zelda doesn't work on g6 lite. According to this thread - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194422 - it works on M3 Perfect Lite. So why not g6 lite? They both are slot-2 and they both were made by the same company, and on top of that - g6 had better compatibility that m3 when those carts were relevant.
QUOTE said:
btw is there any way to use the g6 saves with something like a acekard 2i? dont want to lose my mariokart stuff.
There is - http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php.

Makoto03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to know there are still people, other than myself, who are still using G6 Lite. Its been really goof the last 2 or 3 years i've had it. In fact the only games i can't seem to get working are Mario and Luigi: Bowser's inside story (if any of you guys found a way to get it to work, please tell me) and Zelda Spirit tracks.

Also, does anyone know if its possible to play SNES (Super Nintendo) and Sega Genesis roms on the G6Lite? If so, how do i do it and what emulators do i need on the system. Thanks.

magelof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g6 lite user here
i'm glad we have a little g6 club going

i can't get spirit tracks to work either >_<
i wish they would update the firmware one of these days. is this cart definitely dead, no more updates?
geez i hope pokemon soulsilver works, i need that shit. i was surprised that platinum worked no problem, scribblenauts too.
i find it hard to believe spirit tracks is impossible to get working. i'll try for the rest of tonight and post if i get any success.

someone please post a fix for the g6 lite if they find one!

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
magelof said:
i wish they would update the firmware one of these days. is this cart definitely dead, no more updates

seems like it. there hasnt been an update since 2007, although it hasnt really needed an update until now. kinda wish they would give us one more update.... has anyone tried to contact the team behind the g6 to see if they're willing to update again?

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
My best friend has a G6 flashcard, and she used the Xenophobia patched US version and says it works fine.

tatumanu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey Wizra, your friend probably has a G6 Real and not a G6 Lite, am i right?
Thanks for the tip but I gave up on the G6 and ordered an Acekard 2i that hopefully comes soon.
Now already 3 of the best games on NDS doesnt work with G6lite ... so G6lite only for my GBA needs
tongue.gif

Hope theres a fix for the rest of you G6 guys!
Goodbye G6 threads
frown.gif

grimmyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem. I've been happy with my G6 for a few years now. Kinda sucks that it doesn't work with Spirit Tracks--hope someone will be able to figure something out soon!

Makoto03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally threw in the towel a couple weeks ago and ordered an Acekard 2. It finally arrived today. Now i just gotta figure out how this works, since it came with no instructions. Its so different from the G6 lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr