Hacking Zelda Skyward Sword Mod *Suggestion*

blockheadindustr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just feel like that someone should make a mod for this game that way we have more dungeons to do, maybe a copy of the water temple from OoT or something like that.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Wow that's so cool. I think someone should make a mod for *insert game here*, maybe something like *insert another game here* cuz it'd be soooooo cool.

EDIT: I don't wanna be mean, but no one will make you anything because you think it'd be nice. It's not as easy as just "you should put the water temple in Skyward Sword". It'd take probably over a year to do that, and a lot of the time people just give up halfway through.

Reactions: 6 people
D

Deleted-236924

Yes, let's make a carbon copy of a temple we already played through in the past, this'll make Skyward Sword much more interesting.

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, let's make a carbon copy of a temple we already played through in the past, this'll make Skyward Sword much more interesting.

Not to mention it's one of the most hated temples of all time.
Whenever I see people mention a shitty temple...it's OOT's water temple.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
In this community, it is really that if you want something done then you need to do it yourself.

No one here cares for what YOU want. No one will find ambition to do something that you think is good. Everyone here that wants something done finds a way to do it themselves because they know that no one else will do something because of their great idea. Everyone else just has wishful thinking.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I also sometimes feel like bossing around people without having to pay them. It's even more fun when I realize the hard amount of work they'll have to put into it in the vain hope to be thanked by me.

...which I obviously won't do because it's more fun to break down their passion by bitching about everything that they HAVEN'T done. :evil:

;)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I also sometimes feel like bossing around people without having to pay them. It's even more fun when I realize the hard amount of work they'll have to put into it in the vain hope to be thanked by me.

...which I obviously won't do because it's more fun to break down their passion by bitching about everything that they HAVEN'T done. :evil:

;)
LMFAO!!! Wow that sounds awfully familiar :P

Hmm... maybe just about every single great piece of homebrew out there lol.

blockheadindustr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just saying, I am sorry it is just that I saw that someone made a mod for SMG2 for multiplayer and I thought that something like this would be cool. And whoever said that games from the past aren't fun remade, that is like saying OoT 3D was horrible, where I thought it was pretty good.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I would SOOOO love it if someone remade Super Metroid using modern graphics and algorithms. Can I request someone to do that for me? I won't take the time to do it myself, but I would offer my wife up to give virtual blow jobs for the next week if someone can come out with it by next tuesday.

Reactions: 1 person

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Off topic:USB fleshlight.

On topic: perhaps model importing from one zelda to another would be quite fun. Majoras mask is well over due a remake, and raging around Termina field with a WM+ sword + bow would be great :)

Like the others have said though, you will have more success seeing this happen if you initiate it or if you contact people who already mod the zeldas, to find out if its easily do-able.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
virtual blow jobs
how does that work?
She'll blow the dust out of your keyboard from her end of the internet. ;)

@blockheadindustries: modding takes a lot of work. How much depends on the game and the system. Suffice to say that what you're asking takes on many, many, MANY hours. It's plain out not realistic to expect it. You can't really compare it to the SMG2 mod either. Not only because it's not finished (and I expect a few nasty bugs that'll have to be squashed before it'll see release), but because that project takes relatively little extra input. There are no extra levels or models that have to be designed, let alone things like AI, scripted sequences, ingame movies...please take these things into consideration before requesting things like these. The amount of work that goes into mods is tremendous. As such, making requests so casual can be viewed as an insult for the hard work that is being done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu