T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
So having finished the JPN release of this fine game, I am quite famililar with the parts that people will get stumped/stuck on. Instead of flooding the board with topics, please use this thread.
I meant to make one for Tingle too but forgot heh.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
That kind of defeats the purpose of our forum but yeah, as this game is bound to cause lots of problems please read this, or at least look at it first: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/932377/48979
I actually had some input into that faq when we were all playing the JPN release of the game. Theres absolutly nothing missing from it so please use it people, if you must of course.

doubledash

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When i lock on to an enemy by tapping on them from far away, theres a small delay after i hit them with my sword... is that normally supposed to happen?
huh.gif

edit: n/m, just watched some gameplay vids on youtube and it happens there too.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I don't think it's possible to miss anything in the game, bearing in mind I finished the JPN release without doing any side quests or optional fishing.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's possible to miss anything in the game, bearing in mind I finished the JPN release without doing any side quests or optional fishing.
So if there's some side quests, it will be obvious enough? And I hope I don't need to keep going back somewhere that does not have anything to do with the story to get some secret item or something. And will I get anything for fishing?

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
The only place you return to a few times is the fairy pool to upgrade one of 3 traits. I can't say more without spoiling it and the sidequests are all obvious providing you talk to all the NPCs all the time.
This game is Zelda Lite imo, it's not an epic Zelda at all, very dumbed down and very easy.. the only time you should get stuck is from bad stylus drawing on certain puzzles.
Fishing is for gold and certain items that you use at the fairy pool. I think you may get something special once you fish the very last spot though I'm not 100% on that as I didn't bother.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
can anyone help me with this riddle?

it steers with rudder then makes spray! and third it paddles then sees a way!

i'm stuck on a island with 5 statues on a island that has no map, when i hit one of the stones in the middle it says this riddle and i have no idea what it's talking about, it says i have to hit the stones in order but the riddle doesn't given any clues or make any sense at all.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, performing a somersault with the stylus is a bitch.

Hope I don't have to use that shit anywhere in the game or perform any other near impossible moves on the touch screen later...
sleep.gif

Any tips on performing somersaults? I know I'm supposed to draw little circles on the edge of my screen but... ugh-ity.
unsure.gif

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
can anyone help me with this riddle?

it steers with rudder then makes spray! and third it paddles then sees a way!

i'm stuck on a island with 5 statues on a island that has no map, when i hit one of the stones in the middle it says this riddle and i have no idea what it's talking about, it says i have to hit the stones in order but the riddle doesn't given any clues or make any sense at all.

isnt that the whale island?

you have to read the stones in a certain order, tail, blowhole, fins, eyes iirc

i cant play it, cause my ds is at nintendo to be fixxored

edit: it might be fins, blowhole, tail and eyes, not sure

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
yeah i solved it, you have to go over the whole island and draw out a whale, then, go to the tail point (rudder), then go to the spurting water part (spray) and then the fins part (paddle) and then the eye (sees a way)

QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Oct 2 2007, 03:15 PM)]Ugh, performing a somersault with the stylus is a bitch.

Hope I don't have to use that shit anywhere in the game or perform any other near impossible moves on the touch screen later...
sleep.gif

Any tips on performing somersaults? I know I'm supposed to draw little circles on the edge of my screen but... ugh-ity.
unsure.gif

i had a problem with this too, what you need to do is to keep the stylus near the edge of the screen to keep link running then make a quick very small circle, do it fast and promt and he should do a roll, i'm still having problems with it as i am used to button preses and doing a roll the old fashioned way, but i am getting better at it.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
shucks too many spoilers and no spoiler warnings
frown.gif
( why did I come to this thread.

edit: hey jalaneme what is your most anticipated future ds game? please tell me?Â
ph34r.gif

why do you care so much about what games i want? anyways it's Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword which is coming out in november.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ok, thanks i guess lol anyways i'm stuck again, this old guy wants me to find a mermaid, and i have no idea where to look, anyone got this far yet? and i need to find out how to progress to the wind temple too, there was this cracked wall i found on the same island where the old man who was looking for the mermaid, it says i need the power to smash rocks to unlock a game or something like that, it was in a cave.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U