Zelda OoT With texture mods on Wii64 or as a title

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by VoltManEXE, Jul 25, 2010.

1. VoltManEXE
    OP

Newcomer VoltManEXE Advanced Member

United States
    The topic pretty much sums it up. I want to use this texture pack for OoT, only texture hacks are for PJ64 only, and I want to use it in Wii64 so I can have it on my Wii. (I could probably make it a VC title, but that would be kinda hard for me to do in my case; may as well skip that part =p) I was wondering if there was a way to put the textures into the actual rom itself, so that I can just put it on my SD card and play it. (I really hope it is, but chances are it isn't possible. I figured I should ask anyway.)

2. qwertymodo

Member qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wii64 does not support texture packs. It has been discussed as a potential feature in a future version. And no, there is no way to inject the textures into the rom, nor will it ever be possible. Sorry.

3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    wii64 can't even play most game at full speed yet and i doubt it will be able to handle high res or 1080p texture packs ever the wii just isn't capable of doing it.

4. whoomph

Member whoomph GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I really would like a hi-res texture option in wii64. some of the existing goldeneye and mario 64 texture packs (for pj64) are fantastic. However - my feeling is that wii64 is as good as it's gonna get [​IMG]

p.s. You can replace textures in a lot of n64 roms (just not higher res) check http://www.zophar.net/ or other rom hacking sites for all the tools. Goldeneye has shitloads of modding apps, as do most fan favourites