GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently got OoT on VC, and I play for like and hour. I'm at Jabu Jabus belly, and every time i pause, and then resume the game (load from teh save file) I always start at my house in kirokri village. WTF!? The only time i remember this happening is when i used project 64 to play it on my computer, using the Hi-res texture pack.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
From what I recall from playing a legit copy on a real N64; When you load a saved game, you start at your house if you're a child or the Temple of Time if you're an adult.
The only exception is that I think you start in a dungeon starting room if you saved and quit while in that dungeon. I'm not positive about that though.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what I recall from playing a legit copy on a real N64; When you load a saved game, you start at your house if you're a child or the Temple of Time if you're an adult.
The only exception is that I think you start in a dungeon starting room if you saved and quit while in that dungeon. I'm not positive about that though.
WEll, i recall differently.. Anyways, I did manage to start in Jabu-Jabu's belly (but i used farorers wind there) at his teeth, and i saved as soon as i entered the forest temple. So I guess it may have been a false alarm. But it would've been nice if they fixed that in the VC version. I remember reading in a Nintendo Power magazine that they did a little bit of changes between the VC and original release... do you know what though?

Shadowhawk22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You used to start from your house, I am sure. Until you become an adult, then it shifts. But yea, I remember rolling down that cave-ish hallway all the fricken time (the one that leads out of your village). I think most of us probably just left the game running most the time, at least until we became an adult in the game. I know I played it constantly until I beat it :-)

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats the way it was on 64, if you dont like it, play the gc version
IT's the same. I've played the Master Quest bundle on GC and when you save, you either start from your house, Tample of Time, or the entrance of the dungeon you've saved in.

Actually, isn't it like that in all Zelda games ?

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
You're supposed to start off at the beginning of a dungeon if you save in a dungeon. If you save elsewhere, you start off at Kokiri Village (kid) or Temple of Time (adult)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)