Hacking Zelda OOT HD Textures Rom Inject

Status
Not open for further replies.

feidhlim1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure many of you know about the HD Texture pack for OOT that you can use with the n64 rom and PJ64.

My question is, is it at all possible to inject the HD textures into a OOT Rom or Wad?

Thanks

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since someone doesn't like the way I replied, let me answer in a more thought out post.

This has been answered many times, and it is just not possible. Since the HD Textures alone are 200-300 megabytes, and N64 ROMs in WAD form can't go above 50megabytes, inserting them would be impossible.

As for emulation, there isn't a half decent N64 Emu for the Wii yet. Even if there was, the HD textures are just too much for the Wii to handle. It's not a matter of processor speed, or graphics chips, it's just too much data. It would be like trying to run Windows Vista on a computer that was designed for Windows 95.

Drihscol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pretty sure someone allready injected debug rom.
hi res textures work by telling the game to look someone else for the textures. you cant change the texture sizes, you can always inject a low rez texture into it though.
so, your best hope is wii64.

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't see a Rom INJECT in the near future, but perhaps this:

A port of the 1964 emulator that auto-loads texture files that correspond with the game name.
If the emulator could tap into the Wii's resources to obtain a 60fps lock in higher graphic games- F-Zero and Mario Kart, then perhaps a lower powered game, Zelda Ocarina of Time, could run at a good speed with Textures.

It would be pretty hard, as you're loading a lot of files in an emulator.
The current Wii64 rev is barely playable, so it will be a while until this is could be made.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
zidane_genome said:
Since someone doesn't like the way I replied, let me answer in a more thought out post.

This has been answered many times, and it is just not possible. Since the HD Textures alone are 200-300 megabytes, and N64 ROMs in WAD form can't go above 50megabytes, inserting them would be impossible.

As for emulation, there isn't a half decent N64 Emu for the Wii yet. Even if there was, the HD textures are just too much for the Wii to handle. It's not a matter of processor speed, or graphics chips, it's just too much data. It would be like trying to run Windows Vista on a computer that was designed for Windows 95.

Mhm...yep, HD is definitely just too much size, forget this...but: from EmulateMii:
QUOTEWe have a vision of supporting custom texture packs in Wii64, so we will implement that feature as well.
Lower textures, which are small, should be possible. Also, the build from the 1. April looks great, they're realy making progress...and I still think that BootMii will help this project alot...

But like always...don't forget...your Wii isn't a XBox360 or a Ps3
lecture.gif
...so better forget the words HD and 720p immediately...it's better not to expect much from the Wii, than thinking some nice things are possible (this way, you won't be dissapointed...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.