Gaming Zelda OoT framerate issues on Gateway 3DS

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The gamę is choppy because it's poorly coded, the flash cart has nothing to do with this. Using a more recent emuNAND might help due to performance improvements in the OS, that's your best bet.

fabiobad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The gamę is choppy because it's poorly coded, the flash cart has nothing to do with this. Using a more recent emuNAND might help due to performance improvements in the OS, that's your best bet.
I see... it's just strange that nobody in the internet has raised the problem, i read various forum and noone that has blamed the framerate, and its VERY noticeable in 2D :/

I noticed that in 3D there is a graphic downgrade, the anisotropic filter is almost disabled and there is more aliasing.
The render is doubled but in conclusion i think that in 3D the game is less demanding, so this is why it runs at 30FPS in this mode.

BTW i'm still curious regarding the xwatchmanx test :)

p.s. i haven't an emunand. do you recommended to update the emunand at 7.2?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You should absolutely use emuNAND for best compatibility, be sure to follow instructions carefully so that you don't update the real NAND by accident. Filters are usually disabled in 3D mode because soft edges interfere with the parallax effect, enabling them would spoil the depth effect. The only things that might be affected by a slow SD card are streamed content and loading/saving times. :)

fabiobad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You should absolutely use emuNAND for best compatibility, be sure to follow instructions carefully so that you don't update the real NAND by accident. Filters are usually disabled in 3D mode because soft edges interfere with the parallax effect, enabling them would spoil the depth effect. The only things that might be affected by a slow SD card are streamed content and loading/saving times. :)
Ok, i have updated the emuNAND at 7.2 and... yes, the framerate il better, there is less stuttering, in some areas you can clearly see the differences like the Death Mountain, in this case the framerate is perfect in 2D mode.
In the Hyrule Field there are still slowdown and stuttering, and in other places too, but it's definitely better than before.
In 3D is still flawless ^^
BTW i'm glad that i don't screwed up with the FMW, i was so scared during the download XD

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Glad to hear that the situation has improved - always be sure to run the latest emuNAND available unless you read specifically not to (Nintendo can randomly implement anti-emuNAND measures after all, but so far we haven't seen them doing that yet. ;)).

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I did a test, especially in the area you mentioned in Kakariko (including that house). For this test, I did immediate 2D and 3D comparisons, in the middle of the day (as opposed to evening, night, etc), and kept brightness on full with power-save mode off, in case that makes a difference. I also tested as both a kid and adult.

And I don't know... I'm not the most frame-sensitive person in the world, but I really don't notice any performance difference between 2D and 3D. The frame rate looked identical between the two, as far as my naked eye can tell.

Anyway, I hope this helps you in some way.

fabiobad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay so I did a test, especially in the area you mentioned in Kakariko (including that house). For this test, I did immediate 2D and 3D comparisons, in the middle of the day (as opposed to evening, night, etc), and kept brightness on full with power-save mode off, in case that makes a difference. I also tested as both a kid and adult.

And I don't know... I'm not the most frame-sensitive person in the world, but I really don't notice any performance difference between 2D and 3D. The frame rate looked identical between the two, as far as my naked eye can tell.

Anyway, I hope this helps you in some way.

Thank you very much for the test ^^
Btw i was wrong on the house of Kakariko Village ,is the LEFT one, the one with the poster with an hammer.
At morning (with child Link), if you run in circle in that house, the game stutter like hell, it's impossible to not notice.
Maybe i'm just too sensitive at framerate changes, think i will "deal with it" :)

Foxi4: tks for the advice ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night