Hacking Zelda on N3DS: "System can not read game card"

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just downloaded zelda, updated my template with a chip id and private header, wrote it on the sky3ds and then popped it in. The logo popped up with the 2 second audio, but a messaged followed that said "the game card can not be read." Does anyone know why? The wifi was on at the time

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MHU4 is also not working. It's says the same thing when I press A to start the game: the game card can not be read. The wifi was off when I tested it out.

Pokémon Sapphire has the same header and chip id and works fine.

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
you may check that the ID header is correct for Chip ID if this is not correct it not works

What is the gamecard that you extracted your header? for MH4 and SSB it worked fine for me the header from RE REV and SSFIV respectively

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wouldn't the chip id need to match the header? And anyways, no ban no sky automatically changes the chip id.

I don't understand why it would. I've never changed the chipID and my games and saves work fine. In fact sometimes when I do change the chipID it tells me that the game is NOT in the template( this is possible due to a mistake on my end)

I've used no ban no sky however sometimes I find that it doesn't over write the header correctly and cause the error above.

Fotonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't understand why it would. I've never changed the chipID and my games and saves work fine. In fact sometimes when I do change the chipID it tells me that the game is NOT in the template( this is possible due to a mistake on my end)

I've used no ban no sky however sometimes I find that it doesn't over write the header correctly and cause the error above.

I got a similar problem modifying headers in SKY3DS txt file.
I am quite sure that it depends of the CRC bytes at the end of the header, if you modify something and CRC is not corrected for the new data then the header is not accepted by the diskwriter and it gives a 'no header' error.

Can someone tell me where to find information on how the CRC of the headers is calculated? Thanks.

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well since they are banning people, wouldn't it be safer to have a chip id to match the header while online?

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since they are banning people, wouldn't it be safer to have a chip id to match the header while online?

Maybe however maybe I'm doing something wrong but for some games changing the chipID tells me that the game I'm trying to burn is not in the template.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe however maybe I'm doing something wrong but for some games changing the chipID tells me that the game I'm trying to burn is not in the template.

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm able to write the game to the microsd card just fine, but when I pop the game in, the logo pops up and when I press A to start, I get a message on the bottom screen that says the game card can not be read.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm able to write the game to the microsd card just fine, but when I pop the game in, the logo pops up and when I press A to start, I get a message on the bottom screen that says the game card can not be read.

Sorry about all the post...I have no idea what happened.

What game are you having issues with?

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only mhu4 and majoras mask. Only other game I've tested is Pokémon Sapphire with the same chip id and private header and it works just fine

Well for MM you don't NEED to change the Chip ID as it has no online. As for MH4 I would try another chipID...you can use the GW Rom patcher to view all the chipIDs(not unique) and see which ones work for you or leave it as default and see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head