I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu
OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
Nintendo 3DS: Analyst Believes That Zelda Ocarina Of Time 3D ‘Will Provide A Significant Boost To The 3DS’

ocarina.jpg

We all know that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time will be an immensely popular hit on the Nintendo 3DS. It’s the game that we’re all waiting for, even though the majority of us have played the original on the Nintendo 64 back in 1998. Analyst Jesse Divnich, EEDAR’s Vice President of Capital Research & Communications also agrees with this and accordingly gives his two cents worth.

QUOTE said:
“There isn’t a strong overlap between the handheld and home console markets. Very few consumers forgo buying one type of game over another. I don’t have any cause for concerns for Zelda as it faces little competition within the handheld sector.

“Correct, the summer months are typically when consumers take vacations and the June release date for Zelda is surely not coincidental. I believe Zelda will provide a significant boost to the 3DS platform, both in awareness and in hardware sales.”

- Jesse Divnich
[/p]

icon11.gif
Source
Actual source: http://mynintendonews.com/2011/05/29/ninte...ost-to-the-3ds/

Aisuniji

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm not troliing or anything but i don't know why many people wants this remake, i used to play TLoZ OoT back in 98, and i don't remember it like a very cool game :/ (Yeah, i beat all the game, and still not that cool) still, i know it's gonna be one of the best sellers cus will be one of the best games on 3DS (or the best) atm, but i wouldn't buy a 3DS just for that game, js. :l

ps:mahengrishsuckrite?

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
well it will provide a big sales boost for sure but just how much....im doubtful. Let's not forget a recent 'sales booster' that didnt QUITE meet the mark: Killzone 3. It was successful but could've done better!

PS: Zekrom you are one of the best news posters here my friend. Awesome presentation
biggrin.gif

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why is this news. Anyone with any prior knowledge of what OoT is will know it will boost 3DS sales.
Same thing with the Navi take a break thing.
Leave some surprises, oh and this game is overhyped I can sense it's gonna be a letdown trying to live up to the hype.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NiGHtS said:
PS: Zekrom you are one of the best news posters here my friend. Awesome presentation
biggrin.gif
Well, he is not.
It's just copy/pasting from another websites, and giving a wrong source link so we think he didn't copy. (not the first time he did)
And plus, the presentation is not matching the other news standard.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
Blebleman said:
In my honest opinion, whether you like OoT or not, I find it kinda sad when the "Killer App" game for a brand new console is a rehash of a 13 year old game.

I want NEW stuff.
remake =/= rehash.

I stand corrected. (Always thought they were the same, and you're right.)

Still, sad as hell that developmental resources were spent on this. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Even though I can complete OOT with no thought whatsoever at this point, I still find it great to play. And even though I have two copies of it in the house already (N64 original and Gamecube bonus disk from Wind Waker) I'll still be buying this. Zelda games simply don't get old. And having it portable so I can play it on my lunch break will be a huge bonus. Same goes for Starfox 64.

On the other hand, I don't consider this to be the system's 'killer app'. I don't think we'll see the 3DS truly take off for a few more months. We'll probably see something we all consider to be the killer app at E3 this year. It's not really fair to judge the system yet. Consider the PS2. OK, it had an OK first few months, but the system didn't even begin to reach its full potential for years. Even in terms of graphics. Look at the original Devil May Cry, then look at Final Fantasy XII. All systems begin to gather pace once developers have had plenty of time to get the best out of the new technology. Personally I think DOA Dimensions is the current 'killer app', or at least it would be if they fixed the online lag somehow. It has great graphics, great gameplay, great 3D, and it makes use of everything the 3DS has to offer, even Spotpass and the tilt sensors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: From what people say pvp isn't even worth it