Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
personuser said:
Zorua said:
I tried the N64 version and I liked the gameplay, but the graphics horrified me so I left it.
tongue.gif

And over nine thousand zelda fanboys living in their basements became GBAtemp members just to hate on that statement.

Where'd you get the statistics?
tongue.gif

Anyway, I unlike may people, judge a game by it's graphics + gameplay. Gameplay is first priority but if it has sucky graphics, I can't stand it.

I'm one of those 9000.

Seriously, graphics are nice, but when the gameplay is so good, you don't even realize what the graphics look like.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
awssk8er said:
Zorua said:
personuser said:
Zorua said:
I tried the N64 version and I liked the gameplay, but the graphics horrified me so I left it.
tongue.gif

And over nine thousand zelda fanboys living in their basements became GBAtemp members just to hate on that statement.

tongue.gif

Anyway, I unlike may people, judge a game by it's graphics + gameplay. Gameplay is first priority but if it has sucky graphics, I can't stand it.

I'm one of those 9000.

Seriously, graphics are nice, but when the gameplay is so good, you don't even realize what the graphics look like.

Amen

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DSGamer64 said:
What a shit year the Wii is going to have, more so for us North American and European gamers.

Yeah, it's very, very bad. Glad I sold my Wii a few months ago, there is nothing coming out that I want.

MakiManPR said:
awssk8er said:
Zorua said:
personuser said:
QUOTE(Zorua @ Apr 12 2011, 08:37 AM) I tried the N64 version and I liked the gameplay, but the graphics horrified me so I left it.
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

I'm one of those 9000.
Amen

That's the way to go mate, same here. I know DQ VIII on the PS2 doesn't look that good (the graphics could be shitload better on an emulator), yet I still love it.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I just read this on 3DSBuzz. It's good to know some dates.
From that list, I'll get Ocarina of Time and Continuum Shift.

Now I just need to know what the fuck happened at Captivate.

WiiBricker said:
MakiManPR said:
Zorua said:
Awesome. 12 days after my b-day. This is a must buy for me because I tried the N64 version and I liked the gameplay, but the graphics horrified me so I left it.
tongue.gif

WHAT?!!
Just cuz the graphics!??
you new generation of gamers dont know what good games are, good graphics is not what make a game good

Yes, but graphics are a very important part. Or would you buy today an awesome PS3 Ego-Shooter with N64 graphics?
If it's a good one, I would. Hell, I'd buy Medal of Honor for the PS1 before buying Call of Duty Black Ops. Even at the same price.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ikki said:
I just read this on 3DSBuzz. It's good to know some dates.
From that list, I'll get Ocarina of Time and Continuum Shift.

Now I just need to know what the fuck happened at Captivate.

WiiBricker said:
MakiManPR said:
Zorua said:
Awesome. 12 days after my b-day. This is a must buy for me because I tried the N64 version and I liked the gameplay, but the graphics horrified me so I left it.
tongue.gif

WHAT?!!
Just cuz the graphics!??
you new generation of gamers dont know what good games are, good graphics is not what make a game good

Yes, but graphics are a very important part. Or would you buy today an awesome PS3 Ego-Shooter with N64 graphics?
If it's a good one, I would. Hell, I'd buy Medal of Honor for the PS1 before buying Call of Duty Black Ops. Even at the same price.
Which is why the original Goldeneye game is still better today then any of the other shooters on the market. Graphics may not be good, but for the time it was by far and away a landmark game, especially for console shooters as a whole since at that time there really wasn't anything on the market that was all that good. Bond ushered in a new era for the shooter genre as a whole and was just tons of fun to play and it still is even with outdated control schemes.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Satangel said:
DSGamer64 said:
What a shit year the Wii is going to have, more so for us North American and European gamers.

Yeah, it's very, very bad. Glad I sold my Wii a few months ago, there is nothing coming out that I want.

MakiManPR said:
awssk8er said:
Zorua said:
personuser said:
QUOTE(Zorua @ Apr 12 2011, 08:37 AM) I tried the N64 version and I liked the gameplay, but the graphics horrified me so I left it.
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

I'm one of those 9000.
Amen

That's the way to go mate, same here. I know DQ VIII on the PS2 doesn't look that good (the graphics could be shitload better on an emulator), yet I still love it.
This and thats why the only home consoles I have are a Wii and PS2.. great gameplay.. average graphics but i dont give a damn

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Not really Zelda related but related to the release list I saw, it said Conduit 2 was coming out today. Is that true at all?
According to Gamestop not for another 7 days.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's simple, if you first started playing games that had "bad" graphics then your standards are different than if you first started playing games that had "good" graphics.

When Zelda was first released, relative to other nintendo console games, it had good graphics. So to even conceive the idea that it had bad graphics relative to other games was minimal if any at all. I have re-beat Zelda OoT 100% at least 5 times when I was a kid and not once did I think about graphics.

However, because I grew up on games where graphics was not everything, I carry the same standard and my opinions are biased on what constitutes what a good game is. As long as the graphics aren't tweaking out by glitches, the game is fine with me.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shakirmoledina said:
if there is one game i will definitely buy is zelda cuz i, like zorua, was disturbed by the dark graphics. And june seems like a great date. the DS seems to have some general games nothing too special maybe thor
If anything, the original Ocarina of Time was not dark enough, too many times did it make light of the whole story. In my opinion, all of the Adult Link portion of the game when you are outside should be darkness to keep the mood better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some...