Pr0b3dG4m3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
N
XP
Country
I played this at GameFEST 2011 in NEC Birmingham it was an amazing game and wondering if it is actually worth getting a 3DS for games like this - fun adventure games with puzzle elements and also games like Mario 3D Games to Mario Kart and that new Mario tennis game.

PaulAldrich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I played this at GameFEST 2011 in NEC Birmingham it was an amazing game and wondering if it is actually worth getting a 3DS for games like this - fun adventure games with puzzle elements and also games like Mario 3D Games to Mario Kart and that new Mario tennis game.

Bit late! Its definitely not a waste, even though i had played phantom hourglass and spirit tracks before, i was never really into Zelda games.. Ocarina 3d with its stunning graphical feel drove me to play and finish minish cap, 4 swords, twighlight princess and im on to skyward sword!!! i even bought an n64 to play majoras mask (havent got around to it yet) just saying if there is any Zelda game to play make it ocarina of time and the 3DS version with its vastly superior (to the n64 version) graphics is the best way to go!!!

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
For me, it's the best 3DS game i have bought, i enjoyed the game so much on the N64 that i just had to have it on the 3DS.

D

Deleted_171835

If you haven't played OOT on the N64, then yeah it's worth getting a 3DS for (as well as the other games you mentioned).

It's not as good as the original, but it's still the best 3DS game BY FAR.
lolwut. It's better than the original

Reactions: 4 people

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Like said above, it's a really good game, not only because it's a classic, but because everyone should play this game at least once in their lifetimes. xP

Reactions: 2 people

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
amuses me that someone bought majoras mask on the 64, plus a 64, despite owning a wii. It's available for wii and gamecube :P

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amuses me that someone bought majoras mask on the 64, plus a 64, despite owning a wii. It's available for wii and gamecube :P
I never quite liked the controls on the wii version, the gamecube version is a bit better but its still not the same as playing it on the original.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This game is worth getting since the 3DS library is crap right now. At least its controls aren't shitty like other games on the 3DS....*cough* Kid Icarus *cough*

It's the same fucking game with 3D XD. How can it be worse? They literally just ported the damn game to the 3DS :wtf:

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's the same fucking game with 3D XD. How can it be worse? They literally just ported the damn game to the 3DS :wtf:
Uh no, it isn't.

If it was the same game as the N64 version, it would look and run like complete shit.

They ported it and then made the textures better. The game plays the same as the original, ergo it is they same fucking game. They didn't add any new gameplay to the main story and boss fights is the only additional content, if I recall correctly.

D

Deleted_171835

They ported it and then made the textures better. The game plays the same as the original, ergo it is they same fucking game. They didn't add any new gameplay to the main story and boss fights is the only additional content, if I recall correctly.
They replaced every single texture in the game, not just 'made them better'. And they also improved the shitty framerate of the N64 version (15FPS) to 30FPS, changed the animation and upgraded the character models.

Just look at the marketplace for one comparison between the two versions,
061611_zeldacomparison_market2--article_image.jpg

Either you haven't played the original or the nostalgia is blinding you.

Reactions: 5 people

byronjj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to agree with PaulAldrich the 3DS version of the game is better then the N64 one. I still have the N64 version so I've compared both and yes it can be clearly seen that the frame rate is better on the 3DS as well as the visuals and not to mention the controls are so much better on the 3DS. I recommend this game if you haven't gotten it yet it's definitely a must for all 3DS owners.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tbh, get it....the 3DS is pretty awesome, and the games for it are long...so u get into it pretty fast...but now im finished all my games, so im saving up to buy a new one soon....may paper mario....but yea, it is definitely worth. and the price isnt that bad either.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kid Icarus, Mario Kart, the announced titles coming this year (though those are unreleased), Samurai Warriors, Overclocked, Tekken...there are actually quite a few good 3DS games out available, not to mention the e-shop titles (not counting VC and DSiware). Not a plethora, but there's enough for it not to be considered crappy.

Also, regarding the topic, personally, I wouldn't buy this game until it gets cheap, seeing how much of a pure remake it is. However, this is because I've played 64. If you haven't played 64, it's worth it; however, if you have played the original I'd suggest waiting for a sale or price drop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: