Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It looks great but all it is is a black DS Lite with the inner and outer panels sprayed in gold, with a LED mod and a cheap emblem stuck on... I mean it IS very nice but a PS3 costs less than $600!

Gotta admit the guy did a great spray job mind you. He should do a Game & Watch one next!

smile.gif

Lurick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite a business this guy's got ... spend a few hours/days of work on a console, make significant changes, and it triples (or quadruples) in value.

He deserves it, though. Why? He's very talented, he's had an excellent idea (unique on a one-of-a-kind level), and this is not something most people could do for themselves. Also, he's charitable ... he donates to Child's Play.

A recipe for a capitalism at its best. I approve.
yaynds.gif

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, the guy is at it again. Materials (including the DS Lite unit itself) cost him about 140-150$. The modded Wii that he made cost him about 260$ - he sold it for nearly 1300$.

BTW I don't think that looks that good at all (the gold looks plain bad for one), though I liked the Wii one.

Same thoughts here, for the most part, except I hate the Wii mod. What does he see in these sword 'n shield emblems jutting out of the console? I just don't like the way it looks....

But apparently they sell, for much much more than he paid as well. I guess if you have the money, it's ok to buy something for the sole reason of getting attention. Cheers.

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised none of you have pointed this out yet...

This is completely inappropriate, as THERE ARE NO ZELDA GAMES FOR THE DS YET!

I thought the same thing when I saw a Zelda themed case in Target.

Why don't they just paint a PS3 with a Zelda theme... why not an Xbox 360?

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised none of you have pointed this out yet...

This is completely inappropriate, as THERE ARE NO ZELDA GAMES FOR THE DS YET!

I thought the same thing when I saw a Zelda themed case in Target.

Why don't they just paint a PS3 with a Zelda theme... why not an Xbox 360?

Is there some kind of rule?

You're right, of course, but the difference is that the possibility exists for Zelda games on the DS whereas that possibility does not exist for the PS3 or XBox. In fact, one of those games is just around the corner. Also, the DS plays GBA games and there are a few Zelda games out for that.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it normal that it says

Bidder 1
Bidder 2 .........

??? in the German ebay it actually shows the user names of the Bidder and not just "bidder 1 - ..."
and if its not normaly for that ebay version (other language version might have some differenzes) than it has to be a pretty stupid joke ...

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
http://www.80stees.com/products/Zelda-Pin.asp

I don't think its a Master Sword though...

Regardless, I went O_O at this DS lite mod too..

It looks to me like the Biggorrons Sword.

Also, incase any international users are itching to put in a bid:

QUOTEQ: I understand that you are only prepared to ship this item within the US. Unfortunately, I live in Spain. So, what I would like to do is to attempt to buy this item and donate it to the charity Child's Play. I will contact Penny Arcade to see if they are able manage this. I would like to ask you if you would be able to ship this item to them if I were to be successful in the auction. Thx in advance Steve May-03-07
A:Â Yes, I can ship to Spain
smile.gif

Taken from the Q&A section, if he's willing to ship to spain, I'd assume the rest of europe as well at least.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
About the price....The Wii went for twice as much as the DS lite is presently. He/They are making so much off this yet they're only donating 15%...For the Wii, thats was about 191 bucks. Shoulda donated more to make more of an impact, but at least they're not like the other modders who sell solely for profit. And thanks for the 80stees.com website, I just got paid today =)

A note about the Wii, I gave that sword/shield set to my friend for X-mas
tongue.gif
I think the sword/shield would look much MUCH better painted or carved into the system, see spoiler for details...

dszelda05.jpg

and

purptrib01.jpg

and lastly my favorite

zeldaII02.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo