Gaming Zelda Minish Cap shimmering on DS lite.

Nikorasu95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fellow GBATEMP Community. I just bought a brand new Nintendo DS lite Cobalt on Amazon along with Minish Cap (AGB-BZME-USA).
I'm having a very distracting/annoying issue when playing Minish Cap. Doesn't matter if I play on the Top Screen or Bottom Screen, I will get shimmering/jitter no matter what. It is really only noticeable when the screen is scrolling vertically. It's like the game isn't being scaled properly or something like it's not in perfect pixel mode. The shimmering/jitter is less apparent when rolling with R as Link. I don't have a Gameboy Advance original or SP to test with. I had a DS lite and Minish Cap years ago and I don't ever remember these weird shimmering/artifacts when playing games. I also notice some motion blur on regular DS games as well. I don't know if this is normal and is something I have to get used too as I'm a PC/PS4 PRO gamer and I'm used to a luxury experience such as 4K, HDR, and High Refresh rates. Can someone please test this game on there DS-Lite and tell me if this is normal, or is it just an issue with my system. Does the GBA SP and DS Phat also has shimmering with this game? Here is a video showing the issue.

Last edited by Nikorasu95,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?