Hacking Zelda Minish Cap, problems with kinstones

pubjoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Something seems strange with my Minish Cap game, I'm playing it on the G6 and it seems fine, I'm about halfway through (the swamp).

...But somethings bugging me, and I'm not sure if it's a problem or not.

I think somethings not working with the kinstone trading. I keep finding new characters just sitting on their own in a house, and I reckon their only purpose is to join kinstones with you. Some have even taken a bit of work to find and some make a blatent reference to some good fortune they'd like.

In fact, I haven't joined a single kinstone with anyone for about the last 20 characters I've met. I have every type of stone in my inventory now, some of them, 20 times.

I just keep pressing "L"... and nothing.

at the start of the game, I was joining Kinstones all over the place, now nothing.

I noticed something definately going wrong when I first got to the Mountain minish village, I tried pressing "L" several times on everyone, no one wanted to join kinstones. Then I returned there much later and suddenly, it was working, and I joined Kinstones with almost everyone.

I'm sure there is something going wrong here.

And I think I'm stuck at the moment - I don't know if any kinstone stuff is vital to completing the game or not.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

dippyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing through this at the moment. you dont need to press L against every character. If they have kinstone to fuse they will get some speech bubble type thing appearing by their head when you are close to them. Are you getting the speech bubbles?

I'm playing on a supercard by the way...

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the [edit](four?)[/edit] gold kinstones are required to solve one of the puzzles to proceed in the game, but if I recall correctly, I believe that all of the character trades are not necessary.

you should be able to look at the kinstones that you have in your possession. if you don't have the matching half for the character that you're trying to join with, then you're not going to be able to do anything with that character.

mikehammerX9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
YES! I have the same problem! Kingston traiding or using it don't work at all and i can't play Zelda anymore. I have G6Lite and M3SD Mini and on both i have the same problem.
cry.gif

I press L, R, A, B, X, Y,... and nothing.
wacko.gif

pubjoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you getting the speech bubbles?
No... I just try pressing "L" on everyone.

I wouldn't mind just trying "L" on everyone if at least I knew it worked properly, but I don't think it does.

Have you got the pegasys boots yet? Since getting them, I have bashed a few glowing trees and created some new minish tree stumps. I can think of three at the moment, one in the castle garden and a couple around hyrule fields. Anyway near each of these treestumps live a minish in a little house and all of them do nothing except speak a useless line of text. I am positive that I am supposed to be combining kinstones with these characters but it wont work, L, L, L, L, L, L, L, L, L from the left, L from the right... It won't work
mad.gif

Can you, by any chance confirm that these little minish have a kinstone?

Also, that guy who's chilling in the lower left of the cafe in the main village at the start, at the start of the game I once tried joining kinstones with him and it worked, but I didn't have the right one... Since then, I have all types of stone now but I've never been able to join kinstones with him again... again, L does nothing!

mmmm annoying, as I'm quiet far into the game.

I suppose I could transfer my game save to use in visualboy on the PC, but I'm a bit put off to bother when I know that if I play on the NDS again, I will be missing parts of the game.

-------------------------
the [edit](four?)[/edit] gold kinstones are required to solve one of the puzzles to proceed in the game, but if I recall correctly, I believe that all of the character trades are not necessary.

you should be able to look at the kinstones that you have in your possession. if you don't have the matching half for the character that you're trying to join with, then you're not going to be able to do anything with that character.

I have EVERY kinstone, one of each gold and shitloads of all the others!
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for that though, at least I know I can play in visualboy, do the gold kinstones, then transfer my save back to the G6.

-------------------------
QUOTE(Bruce @ Sep 5 2006, 09:24 PM)YES! I have the same problem! Kingston traiding or using it don't work at all and i can't play Zelda anymore. I have G6Lite and M3SD Mini and on both i have the same problem.
cry.gif

I press L, R, A, B, X, Y,... and nothing.
wacko.gif
Well, thanks for confirming what I suspected!

bloody annoying innit? ...Even more annoying is it works sometimes, or rather, used to.
rolleyes.gif

pubjoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
...Sorry for the double-post, but the other ones getting a bit long.

Does anyone think it's worth sending a bugfix request to the M3/G6 team or do they not respond to that sort of thing? Maybe they have a "submit bugs" facility somewhere, I don't know.

Afterall minish cap is a very important game to have compatability with.

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
...Sorry for the double-post, but the other ones getting a bit long.

Does anyone think it's worth sending a bugfix request to the M3/G6 team or do they not respond to that sort of thing? Maybe they have a "submit bugs" facility somewhere, I don't know.

Afterall minish cap is a very important game to have compatability with.

I beat Minish Cap on an M3. However, it was giving a similiar problem but I just assumed that it was part of the game? Can you try confirming it on VBA? Also, I think (could be wrong) that you can only fuse with certain people at certain times. And no, the speech bubbles didn't come up (they only came up over 2 or 3 people in the whole game). However, the speech bubbles came up over all the places that you had to put a golden piece in, which were the only ones that I ws sure you could fuse with.

Please make sure on VBA (I no longer have my save file) and get reply. Even if it is a bug (50% chance), it isn't a game breaking one at least.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know that some people will only fuse with you at certain times, for example if you leave the room and come back they might now want to fuse.

fatfree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not suppose to work all the time.

ONLY when someone has a speech bubble over their heads. Sometimes they have it, and sometimes they don't. Just come back over and over until they get a speech bubble.

That's how it works for me, and it's been fine in my G6 Lite.

pubjoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, sorry
shy.gif

Looks like a false alarm!

I just used the golden kinstones and yep, the speech bubbles were there first!

I've been getting annoyed with the frequency that new characters show up with nothing useful to doand thought something was going wrong.

But anyway, doesn't seem like a bug, sorry if I've panicked people, or put them off a G6/M3 purchase etc...

unsure.gif

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not suppose to work all the time.

ONLY when someone has a speech bubble over their heads. Sometimes they have it, and sometimes they don't. Just come back over and over until they get a speech bubble.

That's how it works for me, and it's been fine in my G6 Lite.

Same here, game worked perfectly on my G6L too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.