Zelda Master Quest + GeckoOS 1.9.0.3 = Read Error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Viga Skywalker, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Viga Skywalker
    OP

Newcomer Viga Skywalker Advanced Member

United States
    I have the Zelda Master Quest original for GameCube. I tried to run this wonderful game on my Wii with GeckoOS, the game runs with the Nintendo logo, but after Nintendo logo, appears the error:

"An error has occurred.
    Please turn the power off and refer to your
    Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet."

And now?

PS: I tried to run on my friend's GC console and the game is working normally.

2. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If it's an original why try loading it with neogama? Originals work through the disc channel..... chances are if you try it without neogama you may find it works?

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    The disc has 1 audio stream that is played in the menu -> Gecko OS won't work, because it only boots MIOS, which doesn't init audio streaming correctly.

You can launch the game from disc channel, NeoGamma with its internal GC loader(requires a compatible cMIOS!) or you can eject and reinsert the disc after booting it, but before the error shows up.

4. Viga Skywalker
    OP

United States
    Hmm... but, even using the original, the Disc Channel shows "no disc"... tense.
    Then, how i have the imported GC retails games, i play on the GeckoOS.

Googled, i read in elsewhere and say about cMIOS... It may have been that I had put cMIOS long time. So, any possibility of reinstall the original MIOS? If yes... explain me how.

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Original GC discs work without modding your wii.

6. Viga Skywalker
    OP

United States
    I have 5 imported retail GC games and i play on the GeckoOS or StartPatch (for Wii imported games).
    Simplifying, my Wii is modded to region free to run the my imported Wii and GC games.

But, my Zelda OoT MQ is american (NTSC) and doesn't run on Disc Channel and appears read error on GeckoOS.

7. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    What region Wii are you using? many region free patches cause trouble but if you'd read Wiipowers post it explains exactly what is going wrong and he tells you a few options to use to play the game. Give them a try before whining about weather it's a region thing or not. Gecko OS won't work for that game because of an audio streaming problem So try a different loader or like Wiipower said eject and reinsert the disc before the error occurs and it should be just fine!

8. Viga Skywalker
    OP

United States
    I tried to execute the Wiipower's method and it's works on Gecko OS: appearing the Nintendo logo, eject the disc before the error appears, then insert the disc on the Wii again and run perfectly.

Now... only left to resolve my problem: my Disc Channel doesn't read my GC games.

My Wii is official 4.3, but modded in the region free to play imported Wii & GC games. My imported Wii games is working perfectly, but GC not... then, i play my imported GC games on the GeckoOS. Is it because of cMIOS itself?

PS: Neogamma is what?

9. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany