OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
O3dJb.png
The Legend of Zelda’s 25th anniversary also extends to manga. Viz have released a Zelda manga box set, which contains all 10 volumes of the series along with a colour poster.

The Leged of Zelda manga box set is out now and costs $69.99 U.S. / $80.99 CAN. Volumes 1 and 2 of the story are based on Ocarina of Time. Volume 3 is Majora’s Mask. Other titles are represented as well.

Source: http://www.siliconer...th-anniversary/

Sadly the wind waker gag manga isn't part of this :( also sorry if this doesn't count for news o-o

-edit-
Its 44$ on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Box-Set/dp/1421542420/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1319935406&sr=8-4

D

Deleted User

Dear God no. Young Link in that picture makes me want to kill myself. I can't see anyone buying this at such a ridiculous price, even huge Zelda fans like myself.
It's TEN books, that's 7 dollars a book, and you don't think its worth it?

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Fucking... 81 bucks..

God, I might not be buying this for a while, maybe after I get around to finishing the OoT Mangas that I bought. I only have 3, the OoT ones and 4 Swords, read a bit of the OoT ones, they were pretty good, but I still haven't finished them.

TD, it's worth the read, but even at 7 dollars per book, it's still 70 bucks American.

What I don't get is, even if CAD is higher than USD, our prices are always higher than the USD price. :cry: The Amazon price seems reasonable though. 50 Bucks CAD..

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I've read all of these. I can say this, they are worth it. The games always felt a little flat in story. I kind of wish the games would have elaborated the story a bit more like these manga's did.

Plus the manga's do a good job explaining what happened to the mouse rather than letting the player assume the worst. It's heart breaking in the game how easily Link takes loosing friends forever. The manga shows that it wasn't easy and Link keeps moving on in spite of the losses.

The sad part is the games could have easily included the story but didn't. The games are still great, just a little flat. Plus the manga's give personal motivation rather than a plot excuse.

P.S. Also, for the longest time I didn't understand the opening to MM, I though he was looking for [Saria].

D

Deleted User

I've read all of these. I can say this, they are worth it. The games always felt a little flat in story. I kind of wish the games would have elaborated the story a bit more like these manga's did.

Plus the manga's do a good job explaining what happened to the mouse rather than letting the player assume the worst. It's heart breaking in the game how easily Link takes loosing friends forever. The manga shows that it wasn't easy and Link keeps moving on in spite of the losses.

The sad part is the games could have easily included the story but didn't. The games are still great, just a little flat. Plus the manga's give personal motivation rather than a plot excuse.

P.S. Also, for the longest time I didn't understand the opening to MM, I though he was looking for [Saria].
What, How could you think he was looking for her, is that really serious?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
If you don't connect the fairy flutter sound effect after the explanation, that could be a fairly reasonable misunderstanding.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
If you don't connect the fairy flutter sound effect after the explanation, that could be a fairly reasonable misunderstanding.
[title:Don't look if you haven't played OoT]At the end of OoT, Zelda sends Link back to his original time, most likely leaving no memory (Or at least no memory he could fully remember) of Zelda. It would make more sense for him to be looking for Zelda, as he had just lost her, since MM takes place directly after OoT).

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
[title:Don't look if you haven't played OoT]At the end of OoT, Zelda sends Link back to his original time, most likely leaving no memory (Or at least no memory he could fully remember) of Zelda. It would make more sense for him to be looking for Zelda, as he had just lost her, since MM takes place directly after OoT).
Nope that makes no sense. The last scene of OoT is young Zelda and young Link together. Plus, as I recall, he actually remembered the entire adventure.

Why would they play the Navi sound if he was looking for someone else?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: