Zelda Four Swords

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by budzek, Jun 20, 2011.

Jun 20, 2011

Zelda Four Swords by budzek at 2:51 PM (1,369 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. budzek
    OP

Newcomer budzek Advanced Member

United States
    Hey I recently noticed that the Zelda Four Swords (original not Adventures) is the only Zelda game I had not played because I never had friends with the game.

Well I was wondering if anyone has made a modified version, like a wad or something to play Four Swords...I'm not sure if that is possible, but I won't put my expectations up too high.

2. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    You can't play it without your gba being linked up to another gba. So far there is no multiple gbas being emulated at the sametime that can be linked (though such an emulator does exist for the orginal gameboy/gameboy color: http://daid2.mine.nu/~daid/gb4gb.zip)

That could be an end goal for the work being put toward the gb4gb, but I wouldn't expect that for a long time (if ever).

Having said that, if you have a DSi or 3DS, you'll be able to download the original 4 swords game for free in September. You'll still have to play multiplayer, but you can do it now without the need of a link cable, and possibly online (we'll see on that).

3. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    Wii does not have enough CPU power to emulate more than one GBA (already have trouble to run some games full speed). Only possibility would be connecting multiple Wii through network but it seems more complicated than it sounds...

4. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    I wasn't aware that that was the original Four Swords. Somehow I figured it was a whole new dealie.