Zelda DS (Homebrew) Issue...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by The Teej, Jun 24, 2007.

Jun 24, 2007

Zelda DS (Homebrew) Issue... by The Teej at 3:24 PM (1,110 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. The Teej
    OP

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Hey, every time I go to run Zelda DS (That Homebrew Sidescroller one) I get two white screens.

I'm using a Supercard DS ONE and I use the *.sc.nds version of the ROM, and I tried to DLDI patch it to see if it would do any difference but the patcher told me it wasn't DLDI Compatible.

Any advice here? Thanks.

2. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    http://nds.scorpei.com/TBGTDSHB.html

The .sc.nds version of the game (see my guide above) is just the .nds with a GBA header renamed to .sc.nds. This type of file was required by the old SC slot-2 series (.nds files required a GBA header for the SC to understand the file, which would normally result in a file named .gba however the SC folks named nds files with GBA header .nds files thus to keep things clear people started using .sc.nds showing it was a .nds file with a GBA header made for the SC series). The new SC-DS one just wants the .nds [​IMG].

3. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    It still may not work as it's an old homebrew that uses PAFS (instead of libfat).

But try just the .nds version as Scorpei said.

4. The Teej
    OP

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Ok thanks guys. I'll try it tomorrow.