Gaming Zelda: Breath of the Wild VS Link's Awakening

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm. I like BotW more, but I love link's awakening (gb), I still don't play the switch version but I think my answer wouldn't change.

PS: yeah, it's like apples and oranges.

Pokfan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For some reason i find BotW boring, i don't know why. LA seems more interesting to me.
Maybe there is a problem with my english and i cannot understand the BotW story

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I'm in the minority, but I enjoy Link's Awakening (Switch) far more than I enjoyed BotW. I don't have much free time, at least which I am willing to dedicate to gaming, and having a "compact" game like Link's Awakening is a blessing.
I also loved Link's Awakening on the original Game Boy, so I'm a little bit biased.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm in the minority, but I enjoy Link's Awakening (Switch) far more than I enjoyed BotW. I don't have much free time, at least which I am willing to dedicate to gaming, and having a "compact" game like Link's Awakening is a blessing.
I also loved Link's Awakening on the original Game Boy, so I'm a little bit biased.
Well it's a bit more puzzle based like how Zelda games used to be but the puzzles were actually made tons easier since the gameboy version was directed at a much younger audience and made smaller and more compact storywise and gameplay wise, not because it couldn't fit on the go but more because it was made in mind that people couldn't play long sessions and that's probably partially why you like it more with less time on your hands.

Reactions: tpax

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I´m having more fun with Links Awakening.

If games were scarce and i couldn't pirate them, i would prefer to buy BOTW.

Having both for free, all i can say is i enjoy LA more, it's like a refined retro experience.

Reactions: tpax

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I absolutely love botw. The only thing that bugs people I think is the lack of story elements but that is also subjective I think as some people like the fact that you can go and challenge the main boss anytime and thats the freedom that many people like.
Awakening is like your normal game progression based system which is obviously not a bad thing. I do enjoy LA but I think breath of the wild has many things to offer that were not done before

Reactions: uvwl

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I like them both for different reasons. Hardly a fair comparison, they're just too different.
BotW was the game that rekindled my passion for videogames after I completely lost interest in games around the time the Wii was announced,

I have plenty of nostalgia for LA DX, I remember stumbling upon the Kennel Glitch as a child and spending many, many hours exploring these strange glitched worlds.

I never knew that what world you get depended on the number of enemies killed, but man, what an amazing experience.
I haven't played the Switch remake yet, too expensive for such a short game with so many others things on my wishlist atm.

Edit:
If I had to pick a favourite it would be Link's Awakening. Nothing beats that nostalgia for me. Not even A Link to the Past.

Last edited by Reynardine,
Reactions: Tumbleweed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: