GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Must say I'm surprised. I knew it would get high scores but didn't expect so many perfect reviews after my hands on time with the game.

Still not going to make me buy a Switch though. Even if I had the funds I still don't think I would.

Well done to Nintendo though.

Copy and pasted from neogaf:

EDGE 10
Famitsu 40/40
Gamepro 94/100
Gamespot 10
Jeuxvideo 20/20
IGN 10/10
Eurogamer Essential
Vooks 5/5
Giantbomb 5/5
PressStart 10/10
Easy Allies 4.5/5
Jeuxvideo-live 18/20
GoG 10/10
Gamesradar 5/5
Polygon 10/10
Gamecentral 10/10
GamersGlobal.de: 9.5/10
Multiplayer.it 9.7/10
Destructoid 10/10
rpgsite 10/10
NintendoLife 10/10
Gamereactor Spain 10/10
USGamer 5/5
Kotaku "Best Zelda ever" aka 10/10

Last edited by shaunj66,

johan_1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep that's great news. Nintendo did it again.

The praise generally goes to the fact that the game redefines the open world, with this crazy sized map, with this gameplay that rewards exploration, cant wait top play more !

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Can't wait to play it. My switch still hasn't dispatched though... argh!

For comparison Horizon Zero Dawn is sitting at 88 with 93 reviews, but one low balled it with a 50/100 (which is ridiculous, even if you don't like a game you are meant to be objective and still recognise quality when you play it). Zelda has a way to go yet and is already behind OoT's 99/100.

multimangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can't wait to play it. My switch still hasn't dispatched though... argh!

For comparison Horizon Zero Dawn is sitting at 88 with 93 reviews, but one low balled it with a 50/100 (which is ridiculous, even if you don't like a game you are meant to be objective and still recognise quality when you play it). Zelda has a way to go yet and is already behind OoT's 99/100.

but oot has 22 critics...botw 51 atm

Last edited by multimangel,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this the gushing fanboys before the "actually when you think about it" crowd, though many here probably now have more time in than I at this point when I played it I saw all sorts of odd design choices? Also were the performance issued fixed? Lesser issues there have still tanked games in the past.

Last edited by FAST6191,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Makes me wonder how many of these reviewers actually finished the game.
Not complaining at all, just thinking :D
And I hope they don't get banned for playing it early lol just kidding @fatsquirrel but you do raise a valid point I am betting not many fully completed it if any.

Reactions: fatsquirrel
K

KingpinSlim

Is this the gushing fanboys before the "actually when you think about it" crowd, though many here probably not have more time in than I at this point when I played it I saw all sorts of odd design choices? Also were the performance issued fixed? Lesser issues there have still tanked games in the past.

They lessened some issues with version 1.1.0.
This is how it went: Nintendo told Reviewers that the version they have received is still not the final build and that these issues would be fixed at release, so the reviewers played happily and even though they may have mentioned the issues, they downplayed them and did not make them part of the final review-score because they imagined these issues would be fixed or lessened by release.
Which, is true. The game does work better now that version 1.1.0 has released, but it does not work SIGNIFICANTLY better.
I tested the update a bit before work and i think draw distances may have been lowered to achieve at least parts of this.

Reactions: jimbo13

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allow me to summarize.

10.jpg

BOTW makes me sad, because the day it arrived every video game in existence became poorer in quality.

Reactions: henn64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol