Gaming Zelda: Breath of the Wild - DLC Confirmed!

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 7,295
  • Replies 93
  • Likes 2

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So 60$ for only 3/4 of the game ?Considering that they hid more story and a hard mode behind DLC. No thanks.
no, 60$ for the complete game and 20$ for extra content on top

Back in my days, DLC wasn't even a thing. Instead, in order to unlock things, you had to complete certain criteria.
they wouldve done it back then too if they had the chance

I don't mind DLCs that add a new story or some other major content additions but hard mode as paid DLC, WTF?!
it sounds like its an additional hard mode, like theres one in the normal game too

Last edited by ut2k4master,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, look at all these triggered children.
$20 for the Season Pass is a decent price and it includes Story DLC.

As for Hard Mode, I can understand why people are mad, but no one complained when Naughty Dog did it with The Last of Us: http://thelastofus.wikia.com/wiki/Grounded_Bundle

Why do they get a free pass? Lol

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dlc doesnt always mean the game isnt finish.
Most of the time dlc keeps life in the game to keep it going.
Destiny has no 2, but tons of dlc.
Battlefield always comes with dlc for more maps, game modes, weapons etc..
Watchdogs anf gta added alot.

So its really about about whats in it.
And its normal for the dlc to come out a few months after the game is launch l. Kinda once everyone stop playing the game you get some more content to pick it back up

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Lol, look at all these triggered children.
$20 for the Season Pass is a decent price and it includes Story DLC.

As for Hard Mode, I can understand why people are mad, but no one complained when Naughty Dog did it with The Last of Us: http://thelastofus.wikia.com/wiki/Grounded_Bundle

Why do they get a free pass? Lol
Triggered? So edgy!

I'm just not happy with the pre-anticipated DLC announcement considering the game isn't even out yet so I won't support this.

Other companies do this kind of thing and get tons of hate yet when Nintendo does it, its loyalists try to defend them.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Triggered? So edgy!

I'm just not happy with the pre-anticipated DLC announcement considering the game isn't even out yet so I won't support this.

Other companies do this kind of thing and get tons of hate yet when Nintendo does it, its loyalists try to defend them.
Ya sure? I see the opposite. When other companies do it, I see no hate yet with Nintendo does it, it gets hate.
I'm not a fan of DLC either, but this shouldn't really bother you. The (first) DLC won't be releasing until the Summer. And the DLC I care about (the second one with the Story DLC) won't even be out until the end of the year, which means they are not done with it. $20 for the Season Pass isn't bad considering most other companies would be charging you $40 or so for the same content.

You're not forced to pick this up, you won't be missing out on anything/much. Maybe once the end of the year comes you can see if the Story DLC is worth the buy, who knows.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I see no issues with DLCs adding substantial extra content (new dungeons, story etc.), but hard mode being DLC while it was included in previous recent Zelda releases is a shitty move, and I can see why people are disappointed. Assuming one is an experienced Zelda player being forced to a lower difficulty (unless you pay) sucks.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Triggered? So edgy!

You do know tht 90% ofnthe big name games come with dlc that most buy when perordering the game.
Alot of games have season pass and they do it for each game in the seires that is release.
Whens the last time CoD didnt have dlc?
So nintendo talking about the zelda dlc what 2weeks before launch isnt anything new in the gaming world. New for them but not for everything else.

So yea i see it the other way. People are complaining about nintendo doing what sony and ms have been doing for years

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Triggered? So edgy!

but...wat.

The coders are done with the game. it's complete. So now they're going to move on to the post-work of adding nifty things, like DLC. What would normally be a standalone game (ocarina of time:master quest) or never made, you get DLC for cheap instead. Do you want them take a few months vacation before they start working on DLC just so you feel like the game is finished? I do not understand.

the "bad" DLC is usually parts of a game that are on the disc already, but you have to pay to unlock them. Or features they removed from the game to sell at a later date. Or necessary story/weapons to really enjoy the game. This does not seem to be that at all.

Last edited by osaka35,

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wait for the Odyssey DLC announcement. Autistic screech will not begin to describe reaction. I expect to see a lot more of this from Nintendo not that their little toy DLC figurines got hacked.

Reactions: AxlSt00pid

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, folks, giving your coders something to do in-between projects is a -good- thing. While the designs and foundation work are being laid for the next project, the coders can still be working and coming up with fun nifty ideas. This sort of DLC is good for us and good for the industry.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not exactly saying that DLC is a bad thing. I like the idea of DLC, but when it comes to expecting people to pay extra for DLC, I've always felt that I would be paying for more than I bought the game at.

So in the end, what I always do, is if I really want the DLC badly, I just wait for it to be dumped online somewhere and download it, so I don't have to pay for the DLC. But when I do, I never go online with it. The only things I pay for, are the physical stuff. But that's just me. ^^

D

Deleted User

OP
Mmmm.... something strange about it. Why they would announced dlc for a game that didn't even out yet. I have a theory. Maybe after they finished the development of the game they looked into it and said: "wow this game is huge. 60$ is too cheap for this game. We know what to do! We remove some contents from the game and charge for it separately as a dlc".

Last edited by ,
Reactions: thorasgar

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, sounds promising.
Let's hope they continue to create DLC in the future, the MK8 DLC was awesome.

And to that guy asking if you would be able to buy the DLC without paying for online: Offuckingcourse you'd be able to...

Sent from my Sony Xperia XZ

Reactions: ItsKipz

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling the extra map feature, is the ability to warp to incomplete shrines previously visited. From the interviews, normally you could only revisit shrines you have fully completed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0