Hacking Zelda BoTW Won't launch DLC because is not updated

medicengonzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I downloaded the game and the DLC via Wiiu USB Helper. I have been playing it for the past month. I also followed the ticket switching tutorial to play it without CFW. Today I tried to play and the game says the DLC is not available because I don't have the latest update of the DLC. I can play the base game alright though.

I checked Wiiu USB helper to check if there was such a DLC update but I see everything the same.

What should I do?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the game and the DLC via Wiiu USB Helper. I have been playing it for the past month. I also followed the ticket switching tutorial to play it without CFW. Today I tried to play and the game says the DLC is not available because I don't have the latest update of the DLC. I can play the base game alright though.

I checked Wiiu USB helper to check if there was such a DLC update but I see everything the same.

What should I do?
are you sure the game is just not updated

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What should I do?

I think DLC has been updated on Wii U USB Helper, but not sure. Last I checked, first DLC size was around 980MB. Now, it is about 2GB on Wii U USB Helper...

medicengonzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think DLC has been updated on Wii U USB Helper, but not sure. Last I checked, first DLC size was around 980MB. Now, it is about 2GB on Wii U USB Helper...
I'm going to try. Should I uninstall the DLC I already have and then install the new donwloaded version? Or can I install on top of old version?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try. Should I uninstall the DLC I already have and then install the new donwloaded version? Or can I install on top of old version?
make sure you have the latest version of the game itself check on the title screen of the game

medicengonzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
are you sure the game is just not updated
I can't be certain. Yesterday it was working fine. Now when I open it i get a message from the game saying I can't play it because it's not updated and it tries to send me to the eShop.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

make sure you have the latest version of the game itself check on the title screen of the game
When the update got out for the basegame I installed it (I don't know if the game has another update). The game says v 1.4.0

EDIT: It might have automatically updated. When I launched it today it told me "The Game has been Updated" As I see, today was released another update. This update I didn't downloaded it from Wiiu USB Helper. What should I do?

Last edited by medicengonzo,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't be certain. Yesterday it was working fine. Now when I open it i get a message from the game saying I can't play it because it's not updated and it tries to send me to the eShop.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When the update got out for the basegame I installed it (I don't know if the game has another update). The game says v 1.4.0
on the title screen it says 1.4.0 and that is the latest then i dont know if you already tried re installing dlc then you might just want to re install botw after backing up saves

medicengonzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
on the title screen it says 1.4.0 and that is the latest then i dont know if you already tried re installing dlc then you might just want to re install botw after backing up saves
I think the system updated it automatically. Should I uninstall the dlc first? Or should I just install the new version on top?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the system updated it automatically. Should I uninstall the dlc first? Or should I just install the new version on top?
i just fixed my copy all i had to do was go into system settings storage find breath of the wild and delete the dlc only then just reinstall the dlc in wup installer

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So dlc 2 is confermed working with us helper ?
It does work with CFW, but be carefull WUHelper tend to partially download the DLC2 sometime, the 26.app and 28.app ends up partial download with the name 26.app.partial and 28.app.partial, we don't know why, and its sometime random... I manage to download the 26.app at some point after many retries but the 28.app never make it, it worked on another PC.

You can't brick your WiiU as WUPinstaller will never install .partial files it seems, because i didnt checked the size and went through some random error codes with WUP installer when i tried to install it not knowing it was partially downloaded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.