Hacking Zelda botw on nand, memory stick or harddisk?

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Putting the zelda breath of the wild on my wiiu leaves me a bit with a question.

It is said that this game is read and write intensive and that putting this game on a memory stick is a sure way to kill the stick (don't know exactly where' I read it)
But is the nand of a wiiu also not a sort of memory stick? If so is putting this game (any game?) on the nand not a way to slowly killing it?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Put your game on external hard disk instead of USB keys.

Or on the Nand of the Wii U, but you can put that maximum 32 GB of play on the memory of the Wii U.

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That is not an answer to the real question..... As the nand is a sort of memory stick, why is it okay to put a read/write intensive game on the nand? and why is it not killing the nand as it does a memory stick.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your concern is the lifespan of your devices, then you should put Breath of the Wild on the device that matters least to you. That being said, USB sticks are the most vulnerable to read/write degradation, and the system NAND is the least vulnerable. A USB HDD falls somewhere in the middle.

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Put wherever you want, you'll die of boredom and your devices (HDD, pendrive, internal NAND) will die from rust before they get affected by the high write cycle count. Seriously, this was a concern on the early days of NAND memory and SSDs. It shouldn't be anymore, unless you are using the device as a temporary file system with hundreds of new files being created, written to and erased every few minutes.

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Put wherever you want, you'll die of boredom and your devices (HDD, pendrive, internal NAND) will die from rust before they get affected by the high write cycle count. Seriously, this was a concern on the early days of NAND memory and SSDs. It shouldn't be anymore, unless you are using the device as a temporary file system with hundreds of new files being created, written to and erased every few minutes.

The problem is most of the time people go size over quality and buy high capacity low quality memory sticks

Reactions: Ryccardo

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only time BOTW should be writing is when it's saving. Any other time, it should only be reading. I have it installed on a Wii U formatted USB stick and it works fine.

Reactions: Obveron

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi