Gaming Zelda BOTW, how to play?

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a big fan of RPG and never played a Zelda game before (while I played some RPG games on NDS (Summon night).

So I started playing Zelda as I have no other game to play atm, I am starting to get the hang of it, yet my only issue is that I donno where to go next, that old guy showed me the first shrine then I went up that tower he said to use the map but nothing is marked on the map except the shrine I've been to. I had to walk and walk until I accidentally found another shrine.
So my question is how can I not get lost in the game, how can I see the mission/location or know where to go next?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Given you haven't played many RPG's, I imagine you haven't tried an open world one before. Unlike previous zelda games, which were somewhat linear for the most part, this game gives you pretty much freedem to explore as you would like. At the start you're restricted to certain places, but as you play, you'll certainly open up more areas to explore. Don't think too much and just explore as you'd like.

D

Deleted User

You're meant to look through the Sheika Slate from the top of the tower to look for the four shrines. They are easy to find because glow orange before you enter them. Mark a beacon at each shrine then walk to them. You will need to cook a dish using chillies to protect you from the cold.

If I remember correctly, you press the right analogue stick to look through the Sheika Slate and the A button to mark beacons.

Reactions: HideoKojima

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first 4 shrines are located on the plateau which is basically a section of the map you can't leave until you do all 4 of the shrines, so you can't really "get lost" as you can't leave this area

so keep looking around for more of the shrines :P
Got it thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You're meant to look through the Sheika Slate from the top of the tower to look for the four shrines. They are easy to find because glow orange before you enter them. Mark a beacon at each shrine then walk to them. You will need to cook a dish using chillies to protect you from the cold.

If I remember correctly, you press the right analogue stick to look through the Sheika Slate and the A button to mark beacons.
Thanks for the tip I'll try it out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Given you haven't played many RPG's, I imagine you haven't tried an open world one before. Unlike previous zelda games, which were somewhat linear for the most part, this game gives you pretty much freedem to explore as you would like. At the start you're restricted to certain places, but as you play, you'll certainly open up more areas to explore. Don't think too much and just explore as you'd like.
I did play Metal Gear 5 it's an open world yet locations are marked clearly. I don't mind exploring I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something that makes it easier to go where I have to go.

Ophidion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Easiest thing to do is just start exploring! The world is a living and breathing place and there are so many secrets to uncover.

If you're looking for just places to go, start aiming for and then activating as many of the towers as you can.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, once you finish the four shrines and get the hangglider to leave the plateau, you will come across more towers that reveal bits and pieces of the map and as you come across them, stables and towns and such.
looking for your shrine from the first tower (you can teleport yourself to the top with the map) is the best course of action, that said, it doesn't hurt to just wander around either, you'll find a couple items and secrets here or there.
the game will also casually lead you into certain directions.
you will run across people that'll divert your attention to a certain mountain in the distance and you might just go there and as you reach and then pass that mountain, will notice another large structure in the distance to target next. on the way there, you might run into a zora telling you that maybe you should go in whatever direction cause they're looking for humans to help them. the game doesn't completely leave you without any direction, but it won't always put a marker on the map and tell you to go there next over and over.

Except it is an rpg
it's an action adventure game, really.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free