Zelda A Link to the Past not working?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by kjhovey, Mar 28, 2008.

Mar 28, 2008
  1. kjhovey
    OP

Newcomer kjhovey Member

United States
    Well, i start it up on my EZ 3 in 1, and the start button won't work. I tried it on my comp. emulator, and the start button didn't work there too. I tried getting the rom several different places... each one won't allow me to use the start button :wtf:.

I really want this game on my EZ 3 in 1, seeing how it's one of my favorite games of all time.

TIA

2. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    I don't even know what to say to this. No wait, I do. PEBKAC.

The start button doesn't just "not work". If you've used multiple roms and used both PC and flash kit, I think you are thinking too hard because there isn't exactly a trick to this. Not to be purposefully condescending but I'm honestly not sure what else to say.

3. kjhovey
    OP

Newcomer kjhovey Member

United States
    It's as simple as this, I start the rom up, and once i get to the main screen (where the triforce connects), start will not register.

4. Gman 101

Member Gman 101 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Do you HAVE to press start? I don't ever remember pressing START when the triforce appeared...

5. kjhovey
    OP

Newcomer kjhovey Member

United States
    Yes, you do, it clearly says it XP. I tried all buttons anyhow, nine worked.

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    *tries official cartridge* Works here
    *tries rom* Works here.

You sure you don't have a borked controller setup or a corrupted save file or something? Have you verified that the rom is clean with some renaming utility?