Zelda A Link to the Past not working?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by kjhovey, Mar 28, 2008.

1. kjhovey
    OP

kjhovey Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    Well, i start it up on my EZ 3 in 1, and the start button won't work. I tried it on my comp. emulator, and the start button didn't work there too. I tried getting the rom several different places... each one won't allow me to use the start button :wtf:.

I really want this game on my EZ 3 in 1, seeing how it's one of my favorite games of all time.

TIA

2. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    I don't even know what to say to this. No wait, I do. PEBKAC.

The start button doesn't just "not work". If you've used multiple roms and used both PC and flash kit, I think you are thinking too hard because there isn't exactly a trick to this. Not to be purposefully condescending but I'm honestly not sure what else to say.

3. kjhovey
    OP

kjhovey Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    It's as simple as this, I start the rom up, and once i get to the main screen (where the triforce connects), start will not register.

4. Gman 101

Gman 101 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2007
    Karkand & Mashtuur City
    Do you HAVE to press start? I don't ever remember pressing START when the triforce appeared...

5. kjhovey
    OP

kjhovey Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    Yes, you do, it clearly says it XP. I tried all buttons anyhow, nine worked.

6. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    *tries official cartridge* Works here
    *tries rom* Works here.

You sure you don't have a borked controller setup or a corrupted save file or something? Have you verified that the rom is clean with some renaming utility?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice