Hacking Zelda 4 Swords and Gateway

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
As soon as you leave EmuNand after downloading the game, it'll be available on your SysNand. As for being able to play it, that depends on if it isn't made for a newer SDK.

are you able to run to latest youtube on a USA console? Im just getting back to 3DS again since my last one was stolen, bought a new one a couple of days ago, no GW cart yet tho.
but when im back on my sysnand youtube says it cannot run

EDIT: Este método por ahora solo funciona en consolas Eur (Debido a la Incompatibilidad por ahora del Launcher de Gateway con las consolas Usa "Por verificar, por falta de personal xD").

Translated (by me) This method only works on Eur consoles ATM (because of the incompatibility right now of Gateway's Launcher with Usa Consoles "Still to be verified, due to lack of personnel. xD)

Fuck this. WTF is that supposed to mean. "the incompatibility right now of Gateway's Launcher with Usa Consoles"

OHEMGEE WHAT INCOMPATIBILITY IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT.

Spanish is my main language but the info this guy posted is so ilegible in some parts of the tutorial. I hate Spain's spanish. It like american english vs Britain english but 100x worse.

I can translate if anyone wants a faithful translation, ppl.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
are you able to run to latest youtube on a USA console? Im just getting back to 3DS again since my last one was stolen, bought a new one a couple of days ago, no GW cart yet tho.
but when im back on my sysnand youtube says it cannot run

EDIT: Este método por ahora solo funciona en consolas Eur (Debido a la Incompatibilidad por ahora del Launcher de Gateway con las consolas Usa "Por verificar, por falta de personal xD").

Translated (by me) This method only works on Eur consoles ATM (because of the incompatibility right now of Gateway's Launcher with Usa Consoles "Still to be verified, due to lack of personnel. xD)

Fuck this. WTF is that supposed to mean. "the incompatibility right now of Gateway's Launcher with Usa Consoles"

OHEMGEE WHAT INCOMPATIBILITY IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT.

Spanish is my main language but the info this guy posted is so ilegible in some parts of the tutorial. I hate Spain's spanish. It like american english vs Britain english but 100x worse.

LOL, nothing wrong with the Spanish of Spain, but I tend to avoid that forum because is full of Spanglish and that's part of the reason some of the stuff written there is hard to understand.

I posted an abridged version of the steps in the second page of this thread in case you want to try, but I don't know if it will work as some people here are reporting that their (American) 3DS systems are returning an error while trying to restore the DSiWare.

Misiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I know right?!!
i'm lost, some parts doesn't make sense, she didn't even explained what exactly all that formatting do, she says that you need to separate your Nand and emuNand SD folders and later you need to sync them again to transfer the games, why?

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
I know right?!!
i'm lost, some parts doesn't make sense, she didn't even explained what exactly all that formatting do, she says that you need to separate your Nand and emuNand SD folders and later you need to sync them again to transfer the games, why?

hahahaha i cant say anything else i just feel handicapped i cant understand my own language

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Assuming you already have an EmuNAND created in 7.1 and the DSi games that you want to inject to the real NAND in 4.X, you have to do the following:
1. Turn off the Wifi switch
3. Start the emuNAND, go to System Settings in emuNAND, Data Management, DSiWare and copy everything you want to inject to the SD.
4. Exit System Settings to go back to the real NAND.
5. While being in the real NAND, go to System Settings, Data Management, DSiWare, select the SD Card tab and restore the games you backed up from emuNAND.
Are you sure about that? It only works for redownloading dsiware which used to be on 4.x. For new dsiware, you'd have to try the convoluted process in the spanish forum...

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you sure about that? It only works for redownloading dsiware which used to be on 4.x. For new dsiware, you'd have to try the convoluted process in the spanish forum...

Nope, those steps don't make any sense.

The person who wrote that mixed two different tutorials in a single one. The first is to avoid having everything deleted from emuNAND when entering to Data Management on the real NAND. You can avoid that by simply backing up the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and restoring it later.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL, nothing wrong with the Spanish of Spain, but I tend to avoid that forum because is full of Spanglish and that's part of the reason some of the stuff written there is hard to understand.

I posted an abridged version of the steps in the second page of this thread in case you want to try, but I don't know if it will work as some people here are reporting that their (American) 3DS systems are returning an error while trying to restore the DSiWare.

It failed on me too, it must be because...

Debido a la Incompatibilidad por ahora del Launcher de Gateway con las consolas Usa

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, those steps don't make any sense.

The person who wrote that mixed two different tutorials in a single one. The first is to avoid having everything deleted from emuNAND when entering to Data Management on the real NAND. You can avoid that by simply backing up the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and restoring it later.
I haven't tried those steps, myself, since I don't understand it. I'm just saying, that I've tried copying dsiware to sysnand like you described. It only works for titles that I bought on 4.5 sysnand.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
Sumary of how to do that:
1.-Make a new emunand
2.-Upgrade emunand and don´t allow 3ds to download upgrade in real nand
3.-Make a emunand backup
4.- Sync NNID, and, download dsiware titles.
5.- Transfer titles to the sd.
6.-Desyncronize emunand for real nand folders
7.- Transfer dsiware title from sd to real nand

SORRY FOR MY BAD EXPLANATION, BUT ONLY MY FRIEND CAN EXPLAINT IT WELL

PD: 8.- PLAY ! :D

Hay alguna manera de poder hablar con tu amiga directamente, talvez nos puede ayudar a todos los q estamos aca en gbatemp necesitando esa informacion, el hilo de elotrolado q posteaste tiene muy confusa la informacion.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hay alguna manera de poder hablar con tu amiga directamente, talvez nos puede ayudar a todos los q estamos aca en gbatemp necesitando esa informacion, el hilo de elotrolado q posteaste tiene muy confusa la informacion.

This is an English forum. ;)

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just asked him if there was any way to speak with his friend directly, since the info in the link he posted is very confusing, it may help all of us here on gbatemp needing the info.

I figured as much, using four years of halting Spanish in school to try and decode that post. But yeah, that may be a good idea.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't tried those steps, myself, since I don't understand it. I'm just saying, that I've tried copying dsiware to sysnand like you described. It only works for titles that I bought on 4.5 sysnand.

Well if you wish you can try these additional steps, as described in "the Spanish forum":
1. Turn off the wifi switch.
2. Back up the "Nintendo 3DS" folder
3. Format the real NAND.
4. Mix the new Nintendo 3DS folder in the SD card with the backed up one; overwrite if necessary.... and back up the mixed folder from the SD to the PC.
4. Extract the emuNAND using the EmuNAND tool.
5. Format EmuNAND using the Gateway's 2.0b2 launcher (yeah, these steps are that stupid).
6. Delete the created Nintendo 3DS folder and paste the backup from your SD to your PC.
7. Redownload fucking everything in emuNAND...
8. Now you can do the abridged steps.

I figured as much, using four years of halting Spanish in school to try and decode that post. But yeah, that may bea a good idea.

Hey, I didn't know you could speak Spanish.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
Well if you wish you can try these additional steps, as described in "the Spanish forum":
1. Turn off the wifi switch.
2. Back up the "Nintendo 3DS" folder
3. Format the real NAND.
4. Mix the new Nintendo 3DS folder in the SD card with the backed up one; overwrite if necessary.... and back up the mixed folder from the SD to the PC.
4. Extract the emuNAND using the EmuNAND tool.
5. Format EmuNAND using the Gateway's 2.0b2 launcher (yeah, these steps are that stupid).
6. Delete the created Nintendo 3DS folder and pasted the backup from your SD to your PC.
7. Redownload fucking everything in emuNAND...
8. Now you can do the abridged steps.

Hey, I didn't know you could speak Spanish.

Im translating the whole "tutorial" to english as of this moment, for us gbatemp users to read, maybe someone can make something out of it.

Im on the verge of surrendering already with all the funny/inconsistent information it has, but im translating as faithfully as i can, lulz included. Ill post it when i finish.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im on the verge of surrendering already with all the funny/inconsistent information it has, but im translating as faithfully as i can, lulz included. Ill post it when i finish.

I know that feel. I didn't want to read the whole post in the first place because it seemed tedious as hell at first glance, but then I realised 3/4 of the steps are apparently unnecessary. Anyways, there's nothing I can do with that since every DSiWare I own was downloaded before the 5.1 update came out, I thought for a moment that it could work for 3DS stuff like Youtube since it was mentioned in the first part of the post :hateit:

BTW I'm expecting triple post.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont even need an actual Gateway cartridge to do this, you can do everything with just a 3DS + SD card + Gateway Launcher (software).

But yea, i understand what you mean.

Yeah I don't own a Gateway, an R4i, a 3DSLink or anything, and after all this bricking non-sense I'm not going to. But I still use EmuNAND because the homebrew scene is starting to really take off and I'm not updating SysNAND until I work up the courage to hardware mod and can upgrade and downgrade freely (At least until Nintendo patches that ability out.).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?