Zelda 3DS: 3D will mean something

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Next I asked Aonuma whether Nintendo has started considering an original Zelda game for the 3DS to follow-up the Ocarina of Time 3D remake. Aonuma said that he expects to be able to do something "very interesting" on the system. He gave me one highly suggestive hint, leading me to believe that the team is further along than just thinking about the new title: "It will be a game in which having 3D will mean something."[/p]

Cool, lets see how it plays out.

Source

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
LOL. A boss which acts like a boo and disappears and only reappears of you on the 3D? (part jk)
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Faith said:
ProtoKun7 said:
It won't be mandatory.

I don't believe 3D has ever been mandatory on the 3DS. Am I right?
unsure.gif

It can't be without slapping the people who bought the 3DS and either can't see 3D or can't see it comfortably.

That's the huge issue with 3D at the moment, plus there seems to be a "lack" of usage.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
I would imagine this would please people who like the Zelda series, but don't like the DS Zeldas, as if this statement is true, chances of main control and main action won't be on the touch screen.

I like zeldas DS but I dont like the touch screen. I rather the main control.
smile.gif

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
LOL. A boss which acts like a boo and disappears and only reappears of you on the 3D? (part jk)
tongue.gif
this is actually very doable, if they go the stereogram way. on 2D mode, you'll only see slight "glitches" or artifacts in the image, but as soon as you switch 3D on, those artifacts come together to show a very visible outline of something there--an object, enemy, or even a hidden Boss. of course, you can see the artifacts move in 2D, but you'll only get to see the object clearly, with depth, if you turn 3D on.

what i don't know about stereograms is if it requires patterns, or if it works with any images.

to catch what i mean and see it for yourself, go find stereograms that have been converted into .mpo and put that in your 3DS. in 2D mode, you'll only see a random pattern, but switching 3D on will show you the hidden object instantly, without having to do it the old-fashioned cross-eyed way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...