Zanki Zero: Last Beginning launches this March in North America

From the team that helped write the Danganronpa series comes a new game called Zanki Zero: Last Beginning. A localization was announced earlier this summer by publisher Spike Chunsoft, offering a vague Spring 2019 launch. The company has just revealed the official release date; on March 19, 2019, the game will launch in North America for PlayStation 4 and PC and will offer a full English dub as well as an option for the original Japanese voiceovers. The official opening video for Zanki Zero was uploaded, giving a look at the story, which involves a group of eight survivors that must survive in a post apocalyptic world, while finding out their history and the darkness surrounding them.

Beerus

Gbatemp's God Of Destruction
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
trailer looks promising love the character designs i know danganronpa boyz will make the game have so much plot twists cant wait

D

Deleted User

Looks pretty bad to be honest. Why would anyone want to play a full rpg by the Danganronpa people? Do you not remember how shitty even the most basic minigames in DR are? Not mention that there was almost no improvements to the gameplay or graphics in DR2 or V3? Looking at gameplay of the Japan release shows how awkward the combat and exploration is. Unless the story is extremely good this game will be garbage.

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Looks pretty bad to be honest. Why would anyone want to play a full rpg by the Danganronpa people? Do you not remember how shitty even the most basic minigames in DR are? Not mention that there was almost no improvements to the gameplay or graphics in DR2 or V3? Looking at gameplay of the Japan release shows how awkward the combat and exploration is. Unless the story is extremely good this game will be garbage.

Did you create an account just to be an asshole?

Props to you

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Do we know anything about the genre?
It's a dungeon crawler RPG with a couple of survival elements, if I'm not mistaken (the official English website says it's a Survival RPG).
The game's been out in Japan since summer, so there's probably plenty of gameplay videos to better illustrate that point.

Last edited by KyleHyde,
Reactions: kingtut

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a dungeon crawler RPG with a couple of survival elements, if I'm not mistaken (the official English website says it's a Survival RPG).
The game's been out in Japan since summer, so there's probably plenty of gameplay videos to better illustrate that point.

Oh I should check it out then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?