Zangeki no Reginleiv

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by eleison, Feb 12, 2010.

Feb 12, 2010

Zangeki no Reginleiv by eleison at 4:27 PM (2,380 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. eleison
    OP

Newcomer eleison Advanced Member

Germany
    Wll, this game looks very intresting. I know that the scores arent that good. But i supports WM+ (and no, it isnt on rails like WSR sword fighting) and a nice 4 Player online Coop with lobby system.

Unfortunately, it probably wont get a release outside of japan. First, the style of the game will it make difficult to sale in the west. And second, the avarage scores wont lel any publisher to invest in localisation the grate amount of spoken japanese text.

And looking at MH3, wich get a englsih patch even it got already a US/EU Release made me wondering, if someone gonna try to translate the Game.

I would be pleased by any kind of translation. A guide, a patch, whatever.

Also i found this here:

So this means, it sholdnt be that hard to translate,or?

2. saison

Member saison GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Interesting, this game looks real good, so I wouldn't mind a translation. I almost was able to work on a ToG translation, but my skills hindered me.

Also, it's around 95% that this is a no-go in the States or Europe, so if this gets a GOOD, not large, but good enough fanbase, then we can hope for a translation.

Or we can always pray for a bored translator ^.^

3. eleison
    OP

Newcomer eleison Advanced Member

Germany
  4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Don't bump. It's against the rules.

Anyway, while the Wii translations are great, the amount of them is incredibly small. There's pretty much only one translation group of know of (the Fatal Frame IV team) and I think their next project is Captain Rainbow. MH3 had a small menu translation because it was a huge Wii game that had quite a delay between US/EU release dates.

I would love this translated, but odds are it won't be translated in the near future.

5. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    I don't know much Japanese, but I'm going to try to see if I can edit the text, once my copy arrives in the mail.

If I can successfully edit the text, I'll need someone who can translate between Japanese and English.

6. goku21temp

Member goku21temp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    its published by nintendo.. its pretty safe we´ll get this at least as a european version

7. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Not necessarily...

Older Fire Emblem games were never released outside of Japan, and they were published by Nintendo...

8. thchang

Member thchang GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i don't think nintendo will release english version
    e.g that captain rainbow game, it has a very good review
    but it never release outside japan
    sign...what a pitty

9. vashgs

Member vashgs GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That Captain Rainbow game was very specific to Japanese culture. This game, however, could be successful anywhere.

10. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Well the translation part can do google, no translator needed [​IMG]. I know the translations of google are bad but it's still understandable.

11. TempusC

Member TempusC GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have no particular interest in Captain Rainbow for the above mentioned reason. I have been contacted by an Italian translation group to support them (their translator gets all the jokes), but they haven’t gotten their act together. The hacking for that game is reasonably simple, translation is the most important part.

And google translations are not, in fact, understandable. For example - http://translate.google.ca/translate?js=y&...sl=ja&tl=en

That is the the first page I received on JP wikipedia using the ‘random page’ link. Tell me what it’s about. You can’t? Exactly. And that was just one random page.

Wait at least a couple weeks to see if they announce it during first quarter.

12. goku21temp

Member goku21temp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i understand it though

13. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    this game is really tough to navigate as well. i figured out some of the gameplay. this game could be good if i knew what i was doing. probably one of the best graphics for a wii game. can't we just get a menu translation? that would be enough for me...

14. john1010_ma

Member john1010_ma GBAtemp Regular

Brazil